Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Colbert: How do you feel about him?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    NeilPatrickbanana has been on my ignore list from the begining. I've forgotten more then he'll ever know about football. He's a fake internet tough guy. I've seen guys like him before. I've knocked out guys like him before. No big deal. That's why he's slowly but surely setting himself up for a life time ban from this site. Atleast under the name of "neilpatrickbanana"
    kettle?

sorry, didn't mean to get in the middle of this e-dick measuring contest....proceed

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    kettle?

sorry, didn't mean to get in the middle of this e-dick measuring contest....proceed
    funny
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    It's obvious you're not a Steeler fan or you would know this is the way they operate. You can name on one hand the number of big free agent signings they have made in the past 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Colbert is exactly what the Rooneys ordered. He keeps within the budget and his teams remain competitive. What more can you ask, but that your team have a shot in the playoffs and once in the playoffs anything can happen, such as the two super bowls we won, but easily could have gone the other way. Every year when FA starts we have this anticipation that the Steelers are going to make some fantastic signing and it never happens. I think they are banking on the "O" line being solid and if so we will be back to Woody Hayes football. But you know what. If we make the playoffs we'll be saying Colbert is a genius.

I'm tired of the retreads......Burress, Gay, Spaeth.

I'm hoping he is still number 1 as we need a big time draft this year!

I'd say #2 with all due respect to mister Colbert. He is not that great, but he has his work cut out for him this draft. Also Tomlin is somewhat clueless as HC the past few years...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    He is usually brilliant in the first round. I don't like his second and third day drafting; he finds someone who lasts occasionally, but its not often enough for my liking.
    I think Colbert's results do not match with the reputation he has. People think of him as this brilliant GM, but reality is far from that. Here's a list of his first rounds picks over the last 5 years:

2008: Mendenhall
    2009: Ziggy Hood
    2010: Pouncey
    2011: Cam Heyward
    2012: DeCastro

There's not much brilliance there; well maybe Poucey. DeCastro the jury is out on still.

The drafts that should be forming the core of the team right now are really 2007, 2008 and 2009. Certainly, no one can argue with 2007; phenomenal draft. No matter how you slice 2008, it was an unmitigated disaster. 2009 was a decent draft as a whole (when you factor in Wallace and Lewis) but consider this. From those 3 drafts combined, we had 3 players left. Twenty-four picks over 3 years including 3 number 1s, 2 number 2s and 5 number 3s and we have 3 total players to show for it (Timmons, Woodley and Ziggy Hood.) I guess you could add in Spaeth and Gay who returned this year as well.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 03-17-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    2. Colbert is a bum and I've seen enough. I want him gone.

Facts:
    Drafted 9 starters still on the team since 2008. Something like 15 of 42 draft picks, still on our roster.
    And that includes 2011 and 2012, which you expect to have guys on the roster. Look at 2008 and 2009, you have 1 guy from 2 drafts and that guy was Ziggy Hood.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    anyone who uses the draft as the reason they want Colbert gone is a complete moron
    Yeah, it's not like Colbert is responsible for the draft and picking players. That's like holding LeBeau accountable for the performance of the defense. Total madness.

If you look at most other teams they 'play' their rookies. Now granted we can say 'look at their franchises and have they been to as many Super Bowls as the Steelers', but come on. Why draft a Cam Heyward in R1 if he is not even going to be given a shot to start for 3 years?

I have been happy with our drafts, but I'd like to see them play quicker. Jason Worilds is going to be a stud....just my opinion. Our OL is solid and aside from a late round flier I think we need to focus on playmakers. 2 of our first 3 picks need to be WR or RB. I'd love a Safety or CB in there, but would need to be one of the top 2 at the position.

Waterboy
    My Mood
    Clueless
    #1 you can't be great all the time, and when you're usually picking at the bottom half things become less of a sure thing. Do you think the likes of Parcells' and Walshs' of the world never had dry spells. I think a down season is probably what the team needed now they get to pick from a larger talent pool.

Thread Information