Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Colbert: How do you feel about him?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    It's obvious you're not a Steeler fan or you would know this is the way they operate. You can name on one hand the number of big free agent signings they have made in the past 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry to disappoint you but I am a Steelers fan. And I know the history as well as or better then you. But I understand that times are changing. Rules of the game are changing. And now, as of the last 3 years, you can't ignore the use of free agency anymore and be as sucessfuln as we want to be. A good example of updating a philosophy is what the giants are doing. Observe how the giants have updated there operating ways and uses free agency a little bit. That's exactly how we need to use free agency. You cannot expect to seriously be competitive in today's NFL without adding real talent. This team needs some talent infusion to all areas of the team. 7 picks, and holding on to relic players is not going to field a truly competitive team. Again, what is the reason for giving our franchise QB a 100 mil contract and then not try to seriously win another championship? Ben has maybe 5 good years left (depending on how beat up he gets).
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 03-17-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Linebackers and runningbacks are the two easiest positions that can come in as rookies and make an immediate impact. We need two new linebackers.
    Uh, linebacker under LeBeau's scheme is one of the MOST difficult for a rookie to play. Early in his career, James Harrison begged to be taken out of a game because he was embarrassing himself and had no clue where he was supposed to be from play to play. Granted, he is no Rhodes Scholar but neither are most other NFL linebackers.

It is one of the most complex defenses in the league.

Banned
    Sorry to disappoint you but I am a Steelers fan. And I know the history as well as or better then you. But I understand that times are changing. Rules of the game are changing. And now, as of the last 3 years, you can't ignore the use of free agency anymore and be as sucessfuln as we want to be. A good example of updating a philosophy is what the giants are doing. Observe how the giants have updated there operating ways and uses free agency a little bit. That's exactly how we need to use free agency. You cannot expect to seriously be competitive in today's NFL without adding real talent. This team needs some talent infusion to all areas of the team. 7 picks, and holding on to relic players is not going to field a truly competitive team. Again, what is the reason for giving our franchise QB a 100mil contract and then not try to seriously win another championship?

This message is hidden because TarlsQtr is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

This message is hidden because NeilPatrickBanana is on your ignore list.
    View Post

Banned
    This message is hidden because TarlsQtr is on your ignore list.
    View Post

This message is hidden because NeilPatrickBanana is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    oh look, another intelligent poster (TarlsQtr) pointed out that you don't know what you are talking about, and you put them on ignore...

Quote Originally Posted by tazzer151 View Post
    #1 you can't be great all the time, and when you're usually picking at the bottom half things become less of a sure thing. Do you think the likes of Parcells' and Walshs' of the world never had dry spells. I think a down season is probably what the team needed now they get to pick from a larger talent pool.
    I agree it's hard to add studs when drafting in the later rounds, so mediocre seasons are acceptable to me. I love this forum, but just don't agree with a lot of the regulars ripping the organization and the way it operates. Acting like the Rooney's have no clue what they are doing, that irritates me. My question is how bellicheat and the cheatriots are in the playoffs every year, go deep into them and seem to always have plenty of cap room every off season? I know bellicheat and tom baby are probably the best duo in football, but how do they manage that every year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity73 View Post
    I agree it's hard to add studs when drafting in the later rounds, so mediocre seasons are acceptable to me.
    There's plenty of very good talent beyond the first round. For example, Baltimore drafted Ray Rice number 24 in the 2nd round. In that same draft, 2 picks earlier, the Steelers chose Limas Sweed.

Ouch.

And that's my whole point about Colbert.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    There's plenty of very good talent beyond the first round. For example, Baltimore drafted Ray Rice number 24 in the 2nd round. In that same draft, 2 picks earlier, the Steelers chose Limas Sweed.
    Yea and that ticks me off somewhat...Plus when you factor in the Steelers could have drafted Jordy Nelson in the first instead of Mendenhall.........Nelson and Rice instead of Mendenhall/Sweed would be sweet right now but nothing we can do about it.......

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    oh look, another intelligent poster (TarlsQtr) pointed out that you don't know what you are talking about, and you put them on ignore...
    That is his first step. Next, he runs to a mod like a whiny little beeeooch and tries to get you banned.

Thread Information