Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

Bookmark and Share
    WOW!!

In news that surprises absolutely no one, Elvis Dumervil, a member of the Broncos as recently as 27 hours ago, has parted ways with agent Marty Magid. This comes a day after Magid was late submitting Dumervil's contract paperwork that resulted in his client's release.

The Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson first reported the news, adding, "I'm told there's no animosity between Elvis Dumervil and his agent. Just a bad situation that unfolded, obviously, and now Elvis moves on."

So there's that.

Magid, meanwhile, confirmed the break-up to USA Today's Mike Garafolo, and Wilson noted that Magid "will waive the five-day waiting period required by NFL Players Association for a player wanting to change agents," which means that Dumervil is free to hire new representation and find a job.

One possible suitor: the Ravens, who spent the last few weeks overhauling the depth chart. The team added depth along the defensive line in free agency (Marcus Spears, Chris Canty). After losing outside linebacker Paul Kruger to the Browns, Dumervil would fill an obvious pass-rushing need

A source told Wilson that the Ravens have serious interest in Dumervil. Whether the organization, which is tight against the salary cap, would be able to afford him is another issue; he was set to earn $8 million from the Broncos before the fax machine ate his contract.

Dumervil, who registered 11 sacks last season, could also draw interest from the Patriots and Titans.

Latest headline on PFT - Steelers Interested in Dumerville. Story below....I don't know jack about the cap, but just a thought-What if we dumped fat@ss Woodley and signed Dumerville?

The Ravens and Steelers won’t be renewing their rivalry on the field for several months, but they may be engaged in conflict over a free agent in the coming days.

Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reported earlier that the Ravens have “serious interest” in adding Elvis Dumervil to their lineup and now adds that a league source has told him that the Steelers are also interested in adding Dumervil to their lineup. Dumervil became a free agent after Friday’s fax follies negated the pay cut it briefly looked like he would be taking to remain with the Broncos.

That the Steelers would be interested in Dumervil is not surprising since they could use some pass rushing help after saying goodbye to James Harrison, but it’s hard to see them paying what it will cost to sign Dumervil given how hard they’ve been working to get their cap in order already this offseason. It wouldn’t be impossible (and the Ravens are hardly brimming with cap space), but they might not have enough ammunition to win a bidding war.

The Titans and Patriots have also been mentioned as possible suitors for Dumervil’s services and the coming week should bring more information about the next stop for the unexpected free agent.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Draft Pick
    We already know Dumerville will take 8 million a year. I wish it was as easy as replacing Woodley with Dumerville but we already paid Woodley for this year and his cap hit will really be felt the next two years. There is no way we are cutting Woodley it just doesn't make economical sense no matter how fat, lazy and unmotivated he is, he is ours until he eats himself out of the league. Another great move by the Steelers.

So unless we pull 8 miillion out of are asses Dumerville will pretty much be a Patriot by this time next week.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    We already know Dumerville will take 8 million a year. I wish it was as easy as replacing Woodley with Dumerville but we already paid Woodley for this year and his cap hit will really be felt the next two years. There is no way we are cutting Woodley it just doesn't make economical sense no matter how fat, lazy and unmotivated he is, he is ours until he eats himself out of the league. Another great move by the Steelers.

So unless we pull 8 miillion out of are asses Dumerville will pretty much be a Patriot by this time next week.
    I don't know about this. I saw an insider *Adam Caplan* I think say that there is some serious bad blood between Tom Condon *Dumervil's New Agent* and The Patriots, will be interesting to see if it carries through.

Banned
    PR stunt to appease our pissed off fan base.

Re: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

If we could find a way to make this work itd would take some pain away from losing lewis wallace mendy etc... but it prob wont. Not enough cap space. People will outbid us the 100s of reasons why we wont surpasses the 2 or so reasons why we would

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    PR stunt to appease our pissed off fan base.
    Exactly. This is a Colbert attempt at passivity towards the fan base.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Re: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

Bullseye. There is no chance of us signing him everyone inventing scenerios that would end with us signing him are quite funny.

Are chances of signing him r slim to none and slim just left.

Besides being a PR move i think the steelers r doing this to drive the price up on teams like baltimore n new england. Baltimore is strapped too. Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up at N.E.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

i do believe they are entertaining the idea of guys like doom and long, but doom would be the perfect upgrade to harrison at a slightly higher price for a slight bit more money but the man is a beast as an OLB and a one dimensional player as a DE

He's a Ben killer! Would be nice to not have to face him twice a year!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information