Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Keeping him away from the Ravens is well worth the money spent IMO.. No way do I want him in purple!
    He said he would sign to a contending team...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its been suggested that doom may sign a one year deal to a contending team playing a 34 for around 5-6 million in order to restore his value and cash in next season.

couldnt be scripted better lol
    It would be nice if Woodley comes back in shape and then Dumerville? sends chills up my spine.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Well, the script could have had us finish better than 8-8 and actually considered a "contender", but your point is well taken. Although I still doubt it happens, it IS possible.
    no player looking to sign with a team is going to look at the steelers as a non contender, only bitter fans say that

no player looking to sign with a team is going to look at the steelers as a non contender, only bitter fans say that
    Right on... You'd be nuts to think we'll not be a contender..

one of the most respected organizations in all of ****ing pro sports thats been to the superbowl 3 times in 8 years...but not a contender because of a few holes and a few injuries in a year laced with OT and last second heartbreaking losses.....talk about dramatic, spoiled, bitter fans.

Doom or any FA would welcome coming here to play, its the numbers game that prevents it

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I know. It was tongue in cheek. :-)

My Mood
    Pimp

STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    they could give him a really low year 1 base salary, and give him the 8 million up front in signing bonus, and spread it over 4-5 years. so the potential is there....

try this
    5 years / 40 million total / 10 million signing bonus / guarantee first 2 years salary
    total guarantee = 17 million first 2 years

year 1 - 1.0 + 2.0 = 3.0 cap
    year 2 - 6.0 + 2.0 = 8.0 cap
    year 3 - 7 + 2 = 9 cap
    year 4 - 8 + 2 = 10 cap
    year 5 - 8 + 2 - 10 cap
    I like it...email it in...lol.

Banned
    one of the most respected organizations in all of ****ing pro sports thats been to the superbowl 3 times in 8 years...but not a contender because of a few holes and a few injuries in a year laced with OT and last second heartbreaking losses.....talk about dramatic, spoiled, bitter fans.

Doom or any FA would welcome coming here to play, its the numbers game that prevents it
    That's exactly what I've been trying to get across but to no avail. Apparently we are a 5-11 team this season if we're lucky.

The Steelers could win the superbowl, sign free agents, and have the greatest draft and people would still say they were going to have a bad season. Happens every year lol The media and other football fans don't like this team, but who gives a **it

Re: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

I have no problem with their time tested method of not really being a player in FA and relying on the draft.

But recently we havent been as good as normal whether its the young talent leaving like wallace, major injuries spence or just not panning out sweed, bruce davis etc.

On that note i nvr want them to be crazy players like the skins or dolphins. But one major good move (like farrior) every once in a blue moon wouldnt hurt. Its been a while so i think we r due.

But people fail to realize the cap and how we r constantly against it and whatever the reason. People who say the steelers rnt doing enough to win are crazy. They might make moves or offer contracts that dont work or end up biting us in the ***. But no one can say they dont spend money or do everything they can to win

Whether the move works out later on is another story but they always try to do what they think will.help us win. If they got the money and ability to do it

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information