Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    I hear what ur sayin about getting ben alot of tools, but id still go BPA. Whether its D or O.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
    Jarvis Jones or Tyler Eifert

Austin or Allen

if the 4 are their who would you take?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Jones had a bad pro day. His stock is dropping.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Jones had a bad pro day. His stock is dropping.
    Thats not an answer? he was top 10 last week on most boards.

The Baltimore Ravens have made a contract offer to Elvis Dumervil, two sources told Denver Post reporter Mike Klis on Thursday. An offer from the defensive end's longtime team, the Denver Broncos, was more front-loaded, according to Klis, and reportedly didn't thrill Dumervil.

Free-agent tracker

NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...

The Baltimore Sun reported that no visit has been scheduled for Dumervil in Baltimore.

The Broncos have backup plans in Dwight Freeney and John Abraham in case Dumervil bolts. Both were in Denver on Thursday, but left without contracts, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported.

The Broncos are in a tight situation since they took a $4.89 million dead-money, salary-cap hit when they were forced to release Dumervil, Klis detailed. Dumervil lost out on an $8 million deal because of a rogue fax machine. That's why Marty Magid no longer is Dumervil's agent.

The Broncos seem dug-in since they weren't the party that caused all this in the first place. They're ready to move on with either Freeney or Abraham. The question becomes: How much does Dumervil want to stay in Denver?

Re: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Jarvis Jones or Tyler Eifert

Austin or Allen

if the 4 are their who would you take?
    At 17 if those 4 were on the board my personal choice would be Jones.

Austin is a game changer for sure but i hate his size. I dont want anymore tiny recievers i want a tall playmaking red zone threat.

It came down to Allen Eifert and Jones. All i feel hold good value and would be 3 of the top BPA and a position on need as well. But i removed Eifert because i think of the 3 positions altho heath is injured WR and OLB are more pressing needs.

Between Allen n Jones it comes down to Value. And although i like Allen i feel Jones regardless of his proday is at the very least a top ten talent where as allen i think is top 25. So he fills a need and holds more value.

So id take Jarvis Jones.... Id take no TE over him and the only WR id take over him is Patterson.

Re: STEELERS SHOULD SIGN DUMERVIL

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    The Baltimore Ravens have made a contract offer to Elvis Dumervil, two sources told Denver Post reporter Mike Klis on Thursday. An offer from the defensive end's longtime team, the Denver Broncos, was more front-loaded, according to Klis, and reportedly didn't thrill Dumervil.

Free-agent tracker

NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...

The Baltimore Sun reported that no visit has been scheduled for Dumervil in Baltimore.

The Broncos have backup plans in Dwight Freeney and John Abraham in case Dumervil bolts. Both were in Denver on Thursday, but left without contracts, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported.

The Broncos are in a tight situation since they took a $4.89 million dead-money, salary-cap hit when they were forced to release Dumervil, Klis detailed. Dumervil lost out on an $8 million deal because of a rogue fax machine. That's why Marty Magid no longer is Dumervil's agent.

The Broncos seem dug-in since they weren't the party that caused all this in the first place. They're ready to move on with either Freeney or Abraham. The question becomes: How much does Dumervil want to stay in Denver?
    I wonder now that well stop hearing that steelers r interested n hear that they made an offer to him or dwight?

I know we wont but still...

We are not making an offer. And Colbert never had any intention to. All Colbert did was inquire, and that is all you need to do because he knew that would leak to the media and passify the fan base into thinking that their trying to do something.

Colbert is playing the public relations game.

Really out of reach now...

Free agent Elvis Dumervil has offers on the table from the Denver Broncos and Baltimore Ravens.

There soon could be a third legitimate suitor for the pass rusher's services.

The Miami Dolphins have "jumped into" the Dumervil sweepstakes, according to The Denver Post's Mike Klis.

It should be noted that there is no report of a third offer for Dumervil to consider. The Post previously reported that the Dolphins and Tennessee Titans have been in touch with Dumervil's agent. Klis acknowledges that the extent of Miami's interest is "unclear" at this juncture.

Don't expect the Broncos to up the ante as new teams enter the picture for Dumervil. They have veterans Dwight Freeney and John Abraham on speed dial as more cost-effective alternatives.

Steelers not in the hunt for a real player? What a shock.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    We are not making an offer. And Colbert never had any intention to. All Colbert did was inquire, and that is all you need to do because he knew that would leak to the media and passify the fan base into thinking that their trying to do something.

Colbert is playing the public relations game.
    It doesn't get any stupider than this folks...
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thread Information