Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanders Signs Offer with Pats

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I may agree with you if we did not have as many holes to fill as the Bills and a lot of mock drafts have Patterson going to us or behind us (down as far as 22). Drafting is as much about value as it is "the best player." We need 2 WRs (and a bunch of other positions) in this draft and as good as Patterson is, he is only one guy. Take the chance he is there and if not, trade back for Allen, Woods, Hopkins, etc.
    we don't have as many holes to fill... our needs are completely blown out of proportion on this board. the hysteria is entertaining

we've been grooming Harrison's replacement for 3 years. And we have another guy developing behind him
    we've got Lewis' replacement ready to go
    our oline is intact

their is no greater need than WR now... it's not even remotely close.

We have a chance to trade up for the stud... the julio jones... or we can wait around and get value like Jon Baldwin later in the 1st, or Titus Young in the 2nd.

Now you can laugh at the comparison I just made... tell me all about how Jones and Patterson aren't similar (true), or how Jones was more proven (true)... but that doesn't change the fact that Patterson has skills that put him on a different level than the rest of the class. Patterson has "gamechanger" skills... none of the other WRs in this draft do. There are a lot of good 1st/2nd round talents... im a big fan of Hopkins to tell the truth. But NONE of them are in the same ballpark as patterson.

there is no other position that we need immediate help at.

i dont want to sit around and "hope" that a super star falls in our lap... i want to go get that star. I wont be satisfied with the runner up
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 03-16-2013 at 01:29 PM.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    we don't have as many holes to fill... our needs are completely blown out of proportion on this board. the hysteria is entertaining

we've been grooming Harrison's replacement for 3 years. And we have another guy developing behind him
    we've got Lewis' replacement ready to go
    our oline is intact

their is no greater need than WR now... it's not even remotely close.

We have a chance to trade up for the stud... the julio jones... or we can wait around and get value like Jon Baldwin later in the 1st, or Titus Young in the 2nd.

Now you can laugh at the comparison I just made... tell me all about how Jones and Patterson aren't similar (true), or how Jones was more proven (true)... but that doesn't change the fact that Patterson has skills that put him on a different level than the rest of the class. Patterson has "gamechanger" skills... none of the other WRs in this draft do. There are a lot of good 1st/2nd round talents... im a big fan of Hopkins to tell the truth. But NONE of them are in the same ballpark as patterson.

there is no other position that we need immediate help at.

i dont want to sit around and "hope" that a super star falls in our lap... i want to go get that star. I wont be satisfied with the runner up

I don't agree with your infatuation of Patterson ... I like Justin Hunter better... If you're comparing Patterson to Julio Jones then Hunter compares to AJ Green , and I would take Green over Julio

Pattersons infatuation is because of all his cut backs with the ball in his hands , which just won't happen in the NFL ... see Reggie Bush one of the best open field runner in history ... **** changes in the NFL

Don't get me wrong I like Patterson ... but I wouldn't give both our 3rds to go up and get him ... when at 17 we could get Justin Hunter / DeAndre Hopkins / Keenan Allen , and in the 3rd get somebody like Marcus Wheaton / Aaron Dobson along with somebody like Jordan Reed
    Last edited by cbrunn; 03-16-2013 at 01:37 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    If its just explosion we want... Id rather have tavon austin, can move him around and do different things.

If its actuall catching ability, i want Woods.

If its the whole package... I want Swope.

If its size, combine numbers and potentail i then want Patterson.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Re: Sanders Signs Offer with Pats

I like Austins Explosiveness i have just had my fill of smallish receivers and he is smmall. I want a big guy like hunter or patterson.

Anyone got updates on Rogers? Havent been keeping tabs on him i know he got booted from UT but he seemed like a nice grab b4.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

My Mood
    Addicted
    If we don't get Patterson, NPB will commit suicide.

I would not be disappointed with a WR in the first. A stud WR for 4 years on a rookie contract is very appealing. Safety in round 2 and then hope Ball is there in R3.

If we're going to trade up it has to be Vacarro because we can find good receivers in the 2nd on down we can only get a safety like him early. Troy can still make an impact but on a part time basis, I feel like at this point we're going to have to protect Troy from himself. It's also a perfect opportunity to give a rookie safety plenty staps so he's ahead of the curb next year. Not to mention he'll get to learn the scheme from Troy before he moves on.

Also I love Woods from USC and I said that before the combine. He's the best route runner in the draft and he has great hands, kinda reminds me of Steve Smith. I mean if we have to take a receiver in the third on back ,he could still be there.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

I agree with the age of the safeties but right now with a lack of young talent at WR position, RB position, LB position. I think saftey altho an area we need to address will be put on the back burner.

I think they ride troy n ryan this yr and find their replacement nxt yr. I think they pick up one late this yr for depth/backup since mundy left

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Sanders Signs Offer with Pats

Brown, Plax, Cotch, will not scare anyone!!

My Mood
    Impatient

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Brown, Plax, Cotch, will not scare anyone!!
    Not true, it scares the crap out of us.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Thread Information