Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Sanders Signs Offer with Pats

Bookmark and Share
    I think its becoming more and more likely they draft bell...i still say that makes them schematically confused....hes growing on me, i still see some tony hunt in him though...hes a good prospect but where is the toughness? I watched pretty well all his games and he doesn't use his 240lbs the way you would expect. He doesn't punish defenders but takes the easy route. I really don't think he can get away with it at the next level, ask brandon jacobs.
    Last edited by K Train; 04-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    if they match, that tells me they will work out a long term deal...
    Spot on. If they match it is because they at least think they can work something out. If they do not get that feeling, they will let him go and at least get the pick.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think its becoming more and more likely they draft bell...i still say that makes them schematically confused....hes growing on me, i still see some tony hunt in him though...hes a good prospect but where is the toughness? I watched pretty well all his games and he doesn't use his 240lbs the way you would expect. He doesn't punish defenders but takes the easy route. I really don't think he can get away with it at the next level, ask brandon jacobs.
    Man..that's harsh comparing him to the tip toe bandit like that.

But with the new rule change, a RB can't lower his helmet in the open field TO PUNISH someone so what's the difference at this point? Tell you what...I'd be real interested in knowing what kind of shape Dwyer is in right now this second and if he's working out and training hard.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    But with the new rule change, a RB can't lower his helmet in the open field TO PUNISH someone so what's the difference at this point?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Spot on. If they match it is because they at least think they can work something out. If they do not get that feeling, they will let him go and at least get the pick.
    I also agree here and hope they match. I know some of you don't agree and would rather have the pick, but my reasoning is simple. A guy like Sanders who is entering his prime for the next 5 or 6 years, a seasoned guy who knows the system, can be a game changer, and will also create defensive matchup issues. Steelers can draft a guy, wait for him to develop, if he develops at all, and simply hope it works out. With Sanders, Steelers have a proven commodity, a guy who works hard, stays out of trouble and will go over the middle fearlessly. Losing 2 out of top 3 WR's will spell major trouble for the Steelers offense.

He has to be retained and signed to a long term deal. He stays, Steelers can pick up a WR in the 3rd round. He leaves, Steelers have to go WR in the 1st.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He's got a ton more fluidity than Jacobs. This guy has moves. Jacobs was nothing more than a huge guy who could run pretty fast, but had zero moves to get by anyone. This guy does. Even the Bus used fancy feet to get past people; he didn't always just run into defenders. The one thing we don't know is if this guy can step up to the next level and take NFL-level shots. Or, will he be like Mendenhall and turn all soft after feeling NFL hits?

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    He's got a ton more fluidity than Jacobs. This guy has moves. Jacobs was nothing more than a huge guy who could run pretty fast, but had zero moves to get by anyone. This guy does. Even the Bus used fancy feet to get past people; he didn't always just run into defenders. The one thing we don't know is if this guy can step up to the next level and take NFL-level shots. Or, will he be like Mendenhall and turn all soft after feeling NFL hits?
    first of all, Bettis had some of a sweetest feet of all time, he wasnt a guy that occasionally used fancy feet his footwork was brilliant for a guy that size.

Mendenhall wasnt soft, his spin move was odd but it wasnt a soft thing. After his rookie year mendenhall was much more physical and never was shy about taking on LBs in pass blocking while all the other backs got run over

That being said, its a travesty to compare bell to bettis...not even in the same universe. His fluidity reminds be of Mike Bell from denver a few years ago and he was nothing special. Sometimes you gotta look past the highlights to draw comparisons, the actual tape of bell indicates that hes a good back, but he also shows many of the same things that made guys like Jacobs, Bell, and Tony Hunt fail in the NFL. Hes much more soft than mendenhall and he should be as he has like 25 pounds on him.

Jacobs was a very fluid runner btw, now hes stiff as a board but hes really plummeted the last few years

Draft Pick
    There are way too many holes on this roster as it is. Creating another one, for a mediocre pick, isn't going to help. I hope we match.

Sanders Signs Offer with Pats

Ben Roethlisberger reportedly lobbying Steelers' Sanders

By Kareem Copeland

Published: April 12, 2013 at 1:55 PM PDT

Modified: April 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM PDT

Ben Roethlisberger has every right to be nervous.

It wasn't long ago that Mike Wallace , Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders were calling themselves the "Young Money Crew." Now they're getting money from other teams.

Wallace took five years and $60 million from the Miami Dolphins and Sanders has signed a one-year, $2.5 million offer shee t from the New England Patriots . The Steelers have until Sunday to match the offer or take a third-round pick from the Patriots .

Big Ben has lobbied coach Mike Tomlin and others within the organization to keep Sanders in black and gold, CBS Sports Jason La Canfora reported. Wallace and Sanders combined for 108 catches and 1,462 yards and nine touchdowns last season. Sanders had career-highs in receptions and yards in 2012 and just turned 26 years old.

La Canfora added that the final decision will likely be made by ownership . Roethlisberger might want to take the Rooneys to dinner Saturday night becuase he's quickly running out of weapons.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland .
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information