Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Sanders Signs Offer with Pats

Bookmark and Share
    Something thats underrated is this is the most exciting thing to happen for us in the offseason in YEARS lol

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ed Werner is the ONLY one reporting that lol
    I'm 50/50 on it and would love to have a extra 3rd this year. On the other hand after losing Wallace I don't want to see the WR core get any weaker and still think Manny has potential. I'm thinking New England see's him more as a deep threat with his speed. He wasn't used for that here cause we had Wallace.

The way i see it the real problem is still replacing wallace and complimenting brown nicely, replacing sanders production is the easy part....oh no who can catch 44 passes for 1 TD? Ill tell you....Breaston, Doucet, Cotchery, Gilreath

Haley likes bigger guys and we already got one smallish guy with a slight fear of the endzone in brown. Could easily replace sanders with a draft pick or a FA or someone already on the roster, the real task at hand is replacing Wallace and getting someone to let brown do his thing with catch totals

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    There is no way the Steelers will match this.......that extra 3rd round pick (Wheaton, Dobson, Williams, Lattimore probably won't be there, or packaged to trade up) will cost the steelers 700k a year on avg. for 4 years. No brainer. I am with K-train, I don't even think that they are thinking about this. Don't get me wrong, Sanders will be a TOP tier Wr in NE in that system. I also agree with the reports that they (NE) most likely have a long term deal worked out with Sanders waiting........This is allowed as long as Sanders's cap number is higher this year, then the tender he signs with the team.

All in all, Good situation for the Steelers and Sanders. Now.........

Let's make some noise with this pick and make it worth our while

The way i see it the real problem is still replacing wallace and complimenting brown nicely, replacing sanders production is the easy part....oh no who can catch 44 passes for 1 TD? Ill tell you....Breaston, Doucet, Cotchery, Gilreath

Haley likes bigger guys and we already got one smallish guy with a slight fear of the endzone in brown. Could easily replace sanders with a draft pick or a FA or someone already on the roster, the real task at hand is replacing Wallace and getting someone to let brown do his thing with catch totals
    I agree and shame they could had a Wallace type guy for fairly cheap in Hayward Bey.

I remember threads about Wallace, Sanders, Brown... We are unstoppable.... lol

2nd String
    If we take a rookie in the 3rd round to replace Sanders, no way will he be as productive as Sanders. Rookie WRs rarely produce much, and rookies, in general, in Pgh produce even less than the average rookies on other teams. So, if we aren't worried about next season, in that, we are assuming we won't contend for anything, then, no worries. But if we think a rookie will produce as much as Sanders next season, we are going to be gravely disappointed.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good riddance. WR position is deep and he will be replaced with a healthy receiver that can catch.

Best news I have heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    If we take a rookie in the 3rd round to replace Sanders, no way will he be as productive as Sanders. Rookie WRs rarely produce much, and rookies, in general, in Pgh produce even less than the average rookies on other teams. So, if we aren't worried about next season, in that, we are assuming we won't contend for anything, then, no worries. But if we think a rookie will produce as much as Sanders next season, we are going to be gravely disappointed.
    its a different game now, rookies can contribute...look at travis benjamin and mohammad sanu last year for the ohio teams. Decker produced for the broncos as a rookie....hell even wallace and holmes rookie year (both as a #3 or #4) wallace had 39 catches for 6 TDs and holmes had 49 catches for 2 TDs and contributed as a PR as a rookie.

44 catches and 2 TDs can be replicated by a guy off the street, definitely by a 3rd round rookie

2nd String
    its a different game now, rookies can contribute...look at travis benjamin and mohammad sanu last year for the ohio teams. Decker produced for the broncos as a rookie....hell even wallace and holmes rookie year (both as a #3 or #4) wallace had 39 catches for 6 TDs and holmes had 49 catches for 2 TDs and contributed as a PR as a rookie.

44 catches and 2 TDs can be replicated by a guy off the street, definitely by a 3rd round rookie
    Our rookie WR will not produce as much as Sanders in 2013. That's the bottom line.

Thread Information