Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Future is now. Sign These FA

Bookmark and Share

Re: The Future is now. Sign These FA

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I would prefer the Steelers build their team through the draft and let the young guys play. I don't mind 2 or 3 down years to build a dominate team for many years.

EDIT: I'm just not sure if Ben will be around to see that happen.
    Do you remember the 80s?

It took us more then 2-3 yrs to rebuild more like a decade...

The situation we r in right now all depends on the draft like u said if we get quality results outta 4 out 7 round picks this yr n nxt well be fine but if we have the yrs like i think 08 where no one we drafted is on our team ne more we r screwed

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

My Mood
    Fine
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    I hate when Arm-chair GM's think that signing a bunch of soon to be overpaid FA's is the answer to our problems. Especially when we have absolutely 0 cap space to make these moves
    We have zero cap space because they keep aging vets who are over paid not younger up an coming stars. This isClarks last year under contract and he's making close to 5million, Ikea 33 making 7 million cap hit 9. Keisel 4 million his last year. Get younger and move forward.
    There in this spot because they kept saying one more year, just keep them together one more year. Well look what's happened. They got old and they young talent left. Great trade off.
    Now Emmanuel Sanders is 50 minutes away from me in Massachusetts
    having a physical because Steelers tendered him. Original tender instead of a 2nd or locking him up.

My Mood
    Fine
    I agree you build through the draft but with the Steelers holding on to older vets too long they're stuck in this mess. I'm a Steelers fan win lose or draw. 16-0 or 0-16 but let's get The future started now.
    It was a sad day for me when The Bus retired & will be just as sad when Troy P retires or they move on because of Injuries.
    Time for future stars to stepup.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Dumervil will get huge dollars. He AGREED to an $8 MILLION paycut.

Only a SNAFU got him waived.
    What were we paying Harrison when healthy? So pay him 8 but make it work. Signing bonus Guarantee money.
    However I'm fine with Worilds but if they don't trust him then sign Dumervil. He feel in your lap.
    Just my opinion, like I said I'm jumping in the deep end.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    DHB is garbage
    Ok, but aren't most people complaining that we're losing Wallaces speed to take the top off? Wallace had speed he didn't fight for the ball or attack it at It's highest point. He waited for it to come to him.

I'm all for trading down getting an extra pick then drafting 2 Wr or Draft Tavon Austin at 17 & Da'Rick Rogers in 2 or 3.

I don't agree with the OP, but I am surprised to find out anyone thinks Ryan Clark is even remotely decent.

My Mood
    Fine
    Ps terrible.towel43 we're all arm chair GM's that's why we love this Forum.
    I'd love to hear your opinion because hey, its the off season,free agency & pre draft time. Let's Go Steelers.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Do you remember the 80s?

It took us more then 2-3 yrs to rebuild more like a decade...

The situation we r in right now all depends on the draft like u said if we get quality results outta 4 out 7 round picks this yr n nxt well be fine but if we have the yrs like i think 08 where no one we drafted is on our team ne more we r screwed

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
    Dude, I don't even no where to begin with this statement so I'm just going to leave it alone.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Sign FA with what money? Thats why we keep bringing back scrubs for peanuts and monopoly cash...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    Can't have it both way people. Everyone bitches about needing to get out of the "cap hell" they're in and then turn around and bitch about not signing these big free agents...

Thread Information