Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can we finally just admit it...?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Even if the team does have some down years coming......So what?....Its not like the Steelers are the Pirates and we had to suffer through 20 years of ****.....lol The draft hasn't happened yet so I will wait until after the draft before I make any comments toward the 2013 season.......
    You get it.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Dan Rooney came back from Ireland for a reason ... .and It wasn't because he was bored.

If you read the tea leaves, Rooney saw the direction this team was going in and decided enough is enough. He completely mandated an offensive change in philosophy to the highest degree. Basically pulled rank on Tomlin in system & personnel. This team will protect Ben. This team will run the ball effectively and at a high level. This team will control the clock. Like it or not, we're going back to the future. Expect a very 2005 look and feel out of this unit.

- WRs will be accents, not centerpieces (More players like Hines Ward and a lot less like Mike Wallace)
    - TEs will be more physical and be expected to knock LB'ers on their asses.
    - There will be a workhorse back. Seeing Rainey cut, both Redman & Dwyer signed, while kicking the tires on Beanie Wells should tell everyone where the mindset will be. They want big, physical bruising rumblers that have opposing D's sucking wind in the final quarter of play. Eddie Lacy is absolutely in play here...
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Quote Originally Posted by xBlitzBurghx View Post
    Whatever happens.... I'm still a Steelers fan. Guess a lot of people will be leaving if we get a few bad seasons.
    If having a few bad seasons means we get rid of most of the hysteria after every loss or free agent departure, then laissez les mauvais temps rouler!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Banned
    If you read the tea leaves, Rooney saw the direction this team was going in and decided enough is enough. He completely mandated an offensive change in philosophy to the highest degree. Basically pulled rank on Tomlin in system & personnel. This team will protect Ben. This team will run the ball effectively and at a high level. This team will control the clock. Like it or not, we're going back to the future. Expect a very 2005 look and feel out of this unit.
    Then this team will pass early, get leads, then run the ball.

Because THAT, is how they won when #7 got here.

Thread Information