Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we finally just admit it...?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by norcojim View Post
    I feel that the powers that be believe as long as we have a great QB, a competitive team can be fielded. It will never be a great team, but with a lot of luck we are a playoff team and in the playoffs all bets are off. Look at the two past wins we had in the Super Bowls. We should have lost both, but we got lucky on calls and splash plays. I think this year they are banking on the offensive line playing gangbusters and a more ball control game which means a heavy duty running game. We haven't had a line that blocked for our running backs in a long time. I think Mendenhall would have been a great running back if anybody had created holes for him.
    That would be great if it were the early 70's, but it's 2013. Today's NFL is about scoring points and scoring points FAST.

Here's one thing some of you either fail to understand or are just too stubborn: the Steelers do not dictate how football should be played, the NFL does. If the Steelers refuse to adjust and continue to try and relive the past, they're a sub-.500 team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    That would be great if it were the early 70's, but it's 2013. Today's NFL is about scoring points and scoring points FAST.

Here's one thing some of you either fail to understand or are just too stubborn: the Steelers do not dictate how football should be played, the NFL does. If the Steelers refuse to adjust and continue to try and relive the past, they're a sub-.500 team.
    The Steelers ran the ball less (as a % of plays called) this past season, than they did in any of the previous 10 seasons.

your myth is lazy

My Mood
    Addicted
    If the Steelers finish higher then 3rd in the division this upcoming season I would consider it a very successful year.

Starter
    Have to value points, press coverage, and QB pressure.

We currently value NONE of the three.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    But we still have idiots who run around here thinking Colbert knows what he's doing. And that Tomlin is a good coach.

Yeah..I know Tomlin isn't going anywhere soon but it doesn't mean we stop beating the drum for his dismissal. We need a real GM, a real coach. And a real capologist and not Fred Flintstone in the back room chiseling contracts up on stone tablets. contracts.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    The Steelers ran the ball less (as a % of plays called) this past season, than they did in any of the previous 10 seasons.

your myth is lazy
    And your stats are without substance. Remember, bubble screens and dump-offs count as passes too.

Forget the stat sheet and use your eyes. Can you really say the Steelers unleashed Ben this year?

Recall the playoff games from this previous year - that is how football is played today. The Steelers need to get with the times.

But we still have idiots who run around here thinking Colbert knows what he's doing. And that Tomlin is a good coach.
    Can't blame Colbert if he's merely taking orders from up top.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I guess we never had bad seasons when Dan ran the show...or over priced players, or bad draft choices, and we never ever missed the playoffs...

Get a grip people! We were due for some mediocre times. We've had worse, we'll have better.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    I guess we never had bad seasons when Dan ran the show...or over priced players, or bad draft choices, and we never ever missed the playoffs...

Get a grip people! We were due for some mediocre times. We've had worse, we'll have better.
    I agree totally. We need to continue the process, by just cutting ties with Troy and Ike also. We need to get young, I will take a couple 3-6 win seasons. I just want to see us get some young talent at the skill positions.

Starter
    Should have given Ben permission to talk contract with the Cards.

He then agrees to a contract.

We then release him.

Then we make a trade for "future considerations" to get the draft picks from them.

If we are going to gut this team anyway, do it right.

Art II has ruined this team.

Whatever happens.... I'm still a Steelers fan. Guess a lot of people will be leaving if we get a few bad seasons.

Thread Information