Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Trading down in 1st seems logical, to trade up in the second round

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted

    Trading down in 1st seems logical, to trade up in the second round

    I think we should trade down into the 20's and then trade up into the early to mid 30's in the second round.

    So in reality, something like this

    1st round: 20's pick
    2nd round: 5-10's pick
    4th round:

    So we miss out on a 3rd round draft pick and give up our 2nd round draft pick to move up with the 2nd round draft pick we acquired through the trade.

    I'm not convinced we will go OLB or LB in the 1st round, not even DE.

    It leaves me to consider WR & RB as the two main logical choices for an early draft pick.

    If it were me, I would pick Lacy in the 20's and Hunter in the 2nd round.

    Another way is grabbing that TE or WR in the first round, something in the 2nd round and going after someone like lattimore in the 4th.

    My mock would be:

    1. lacy
    2. hunter/hopkins

    or

    1. hunter
    2. lacy
    4. mathieu

    or

    1. hunter
    2. long
    4. ellington (i dont talk about him a lot but i would cradle his balls i love him so much)

    or

    1. hunter
    2. trufant
    4. stefan taylor
    Last edited by scudmissile29; 03-15-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

  2. #2
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    481

    Re: Trading down in 1st seems logical, to trade up in the second round

    Lacy
    Hunter

    Or

    Lacy
    Hunter
    Mathieu


    Id be so happy.... Then next yr sell the house for clowney Dreams are nice until u wake up

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Starter Ibleedblk&gld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Heinz Field
    Posts
    1,678
    My Mood
    Addicted
    If manny goes to the pats, we get a 3rd rd pick, no?

  4. #4
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,130
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I think we should trade down into the 20's and then trade up into the early to mid 30's in the second round.

    So in reality, something like this

    1st round: 20's pick
    2nd round: 5-10's pick
    4th round:

    So we miss out on a 3rd round draft pick and give up our 2nd round draft pick to move up with the 2nd round draft pick we acquired through the trade.

    I'm not convinced we will go OLB or LB in the 1st round, not even DE.

    It leaves me to consider WR & RB as the two main logical choices for an early draft pick.

    If it were me, I would pick Lacy in the 20's and Hunter in the 2nd round.

    Another way is grabbing that TE or WR in the first round, something in the 2nd round and going after someone like lattimore in the 4th.

    My mock would be:

    1. lacy
    2. hunter/hopkins

    or

    1. hunter
    2. lacy
    4. mathieu

    or

    1. hunter
    2. long
    4. ellington (i dont talk about him a lot but i would cradle his balls i love him so much)

    or

    1. hunter
    2. trufant
    4. stefan taylor
    I think Lacy might fall due to not running and Hamstring. He might be there in the 2nd. I'm for moving back in the 1st to get another 3rd. They have holes that need to be filled so no need to move up in rd 2. RB's will be there.

  5. #5
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    256
    My Mood
    Impatient
    If we draft a RB in the first I am going to lose my f'n mind......this year isn't the year for a first round back.

    1st: Cordarelle Patterson/Jarvis Jones (Won't be there)
    2nd: Matt Elam/Amerson
    3rd: Ryan Swope/Gavin Escobar
    4th: Montee Ball/Lattimore/Ellington

  6. #6
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    If manny goes to the pats, we get a 3rd rd pick, no?
    ya probably won't happen.

    pats wont have any picks for 3-6 if they do sign manny.

    how about

    PATTERSON
    HUNTER
    BALL/ELLINGTON

    with our first 3 pciks lol I would <3 that
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

  7. #7
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    481

    Re: Trading down in 1st seems logical, to trade up in the second round

    Ive been thinking about trading down alot and unless jones or patterson are there i would do it.

    It would benefit us to get as many extra picks as we can.

    And i think Lacy falls a little too due to not working out and his hammy but he has to get passed denver and green bay. If he does hell fall to the 2nd.

    I would LOVE to get him but i think we r gonna go OLB/WR or WR/OLB probably.the former unless patterson or allen fall to us.

    If not lacy tho i want them to snag lattimore but i think a team with time to let him heal will take him earlier then expected

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    ya probably won't happen.

    pats wont have any picks for 3-6 if they do sign manny.

    how about

    PATTERSON
    HUNTER
    BALL/ELLINGTON

    with our first 3 pciks lol I would <3 that
    That would be amazing.........

  9. #9
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    That would be amazing.........
    tomlin's too pussy to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trading out of the first round
    By JollyRob68 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 11:24 PM
  2. Steelers trade 7th round pick for Leftwich
    By cmerrifield in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
  4. Possible 1st Round Trade Scenarios
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 03:02 AM
  5. Darnik44's FINAL 3 round mock draft w/ Steelers Trade
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •