Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Emanuel Sanders visiting New England

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Friggin' UTEP over a job with one of the NFL's premier teams?

C'mon. You don't really believe that, right?
    were you going to make a point or just stupidly wave your rhetorical question around?
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

lmao cruz might want more than wallace, thats insane...he and brown are the same player.

if sanders leaves if will really give them a sense of urgency at WR...i do like him, i dont see how he could possibly be "overrated", i think hes a great route runner and has some really good potential as an outside guy and hes coming off his first healthy season. Things are looking up for him here, but him visiting other teams isnt a terrible thing

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    In all honesty, this would be a bigger loss than Harrison or Lewis...

My opinion of Sanders is very high, i think he can develop and be very very explosive. Did he have some problems last year holding onto the ball after he catch and his phantom cramps... But we have yet to see what this kid is capable of. Thats what im hoping anyways...
    Last edited by Zachintosh66; 03-15-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

@EdBouchette: "@cody_mcclellan: @EdBouchette what's the chances sanders signs with New England? Any update?" ... No chance for 3d rd
    Not sure how Bouchette can say "no chance"... He's at their facility as I type this. They know what tender is on him. There's clearly a chance if they have enough interest to bring him in for a visit, knowing there's a 3rd round tender on him.

yeah if they wanted to bring him in they knew he would cost a 3rd rounder. The pick doesnt really excite me, the urgency to bring in WRs and draft them high this year kinda would. could see them moving up for patterson AND hunter lol

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yeah if they wanted to bring him in they knew he would cost a 3rd rounder. The pick doesnt really excite me, the urgency to bring in WRs and draft them high this year kinda would. could see them moving up for patterson AND hunter lol
    Patterson AND Hunter... <3

@EdBouchette: If Pats would sign Sanders Steelers wd have to bite bullet and match

The Pittsburgh Steelers let go of Mike Wallace in free agency in part because they knew they had Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders in place. But what if they can't keep Sanders.

The restricted free agent is making a rare RFA visit on Friday to the New England Patriots. Restricted free agents rarely change teams these days, but the Patriots could use some of their cap room to make a front-loaded offer which the Steelers find it tough to match.

Sanders could join the rebuilt Patriots wide receiver group alongside new signees Danny Amendola and Donald Jones, according to ESPN. New England's interest does not bode well for the future of Brandon Lloyd. The Patriots have to make a decision in the next week whether to give Lloyd his roster bonus or cut him loose.

Sanders set career highs with 44 catches and 626 yards in 2012, starting seven games for Pittsburgh. He was slated to be a starter for the Steelers. If the Patriots signed him to an offer sheet, the Steelers would have seven days to match. If they chose not, the Patriots would send a third-round pick to Pittsburgh. Sanders has an ability to get deep and would add some necessary speed to the receiver position.

This is a fascinating move by New England; don't be surprised if they make Sanders an offer that's too tough for Pittsburgh to match.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach
    @EdBouchette: If Pats would sign Sanders Steelers wd have to bite bullet and match
    depending on the contract...

I don't want to #2 WRs locked into high end #2 money.... that's a bad recipe

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    depending on the contract...

I don't want to #2 WRs locked into high end #2 money.... that's a bad recipe
    Pats offer him a deal too good so we can't match.. IMO they need a guy like Sanders!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Pats offer him a deal too good so we can't match.. IMO they need a guy like Sanders!
    Fine with me... i'd take the 3rd rounder and then package it with our own 3rd rounder... and try to move up to #8 Buffalo to take Patterson

#8 = 1300

#17 = 950
    #79 = 195
    #93 = 128
    #176 = 21
    = 1294

that was quick... it worked.... I love it

Let Sanders go.
    Trade 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 6th
    for Buffalo 1st

Draft WR Cordarelle Patterson and start him from day 1