Thread: Steelers Mock

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String

Steelers Mock

Just say I love a trade back scenario , to gain extra picks , even maybe extra picks next year as well... But trades are impossible to predict

I also don't think the team will go OLB like many fans think ... They have Worilds and Chris Carter ... When Joey Porter left nobody knew Harrison would of been what he ended up being ... Worilds and Carter(if healthy) deserve a chance before go off drafting a guy in the 1st round

Lets say with all those extra picks , the 49ers want to jump up and grab somebody(maybe trufant?) #31 , #74 , #93 is almost perfect value

#31 - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson - Maybe not the fastest , but he's a crisp route runner , and sure hands and play making abaility after he catches the ball

#48 - David Amerson - FS/CB - NC State - Can play CB if needed in a crunch , Will be groomed to be a play making FS , Also I love him covering these bigger TEs , if you want to design packages where he just follows those guys around ... Needs to get more physical though

#74 - Robert Alford - CB - Southeast . Lou - Losing Lewis , brings this up , and he's a return man too ... I've been mocking him since early in the year and he's shooting up boards with his post season

#79 - Aaron Dobson - WR - Marshal - Another WR? ... yes a bigger Target who is more then a red zone target , let him come in and learn from Plax ... Give Ben some Weapons nowwwwww

#93 - Brian Schwenke - C - California - Move Pouncey to guard , I seen guys talking about this on here and I like this Idea

#112 - Kenjon Barnder - RB - Oregon - Another guy I've been mocking since early , I think he fits what Haley wants to do perfectly , and is Rainey without the character issues and fumble probles

#143 - Kevin Reddick - ILB - North Carolina - He Fits perfect beside Timmons I think , him and Timmons attacking the middle of the defense would help the outside pass rush greatly

6th - Rontez Miles - S - Cal PA - Did you see the combine? , that's why ... and could bring some Special teams value

7th - Joe Kruger - DE - Utah - Some Depth on the Dline

7th(Gay Comp Pick) - Quanterus Smith - OLB - Western Kentucky - You want to take a OLB do so here in the later rounds , and one with big potential , and if he doesn't turn out , then who cares

Yes I know it doesn't fill the TE need ... and you could easily swap out Aaron Dobson with a TE ... But I just like the idea of having Hopkins , Dobson , Brown in the slot in the future ... I would let Sanders go or hopefully somebody takes him for a 3rd round tender

But ok Not too realistic because trades are impossible to predict , but oh well , that's something I would like to see

My Mood
    Addicted
    i agree, I don't think we pick OLB in 1st round, its clear with how they will start worilds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Just out of curiosity, what did Carter and Worilds do to 'deserve a chance'? I mean, Worilds have shown very little with the time he has been given, and Carter even less so. Pressure from the OLB slot is so vital to this team and how LeBeau draw his plays, so I truly think that they'll do a lot to ensure some sort of talent outside early in the draft. Especially seeing that Behind Carter (who is, as mentioned unproven at best), we have nothing at all. And Woodley as not exactly been known to play a full season as of late.

That aside, I like Hopkins a lot. I like Amerson too, although I would much prefer Elam who I think could slide to our second pick. Love the Schwenke pick, although I think he'll be gone before that.

Reddick is a guy I like too.

Overall I think it would be a pretty decent draft class, however without any actual impact players maybe aside from Hopkins. With the current roster situation I think that would be troublesome, but you never know.. One could turn out to be a stud.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    i agree, I don't think we pick OLB in 1st round, its clear with how they will start worilds
    I don't think that starting Worilds necessarily mean that they'll shy away from an OLB should one fall to them in the first.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach
    I really like it... but I think a lot of the guys you are targeting will be gone before we pick... try this, drop the Amerson pick

#31 - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson

#48 - Robert Alford - CB - Southeast . Lou

#74 - Aaron Dobson - WR - Marshal

#79 - Brian Schwenke - C - California -

#93 - Kenjon Barnder - RB - Oregon -

#112 - Kevin Reddick - ILB - North Carolina -

Forget the the rest for now... I think that draft is a home run.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

2nd String
    I don't know how to Multi Quote , so

Neil - Yeah where ppl end up is always a guessing game , I just used Walter Football latest mock to see who would be left ... But it would be hard for me to drop the Amerson pick ... He's somebody I really want , the way he attacks the ball ... Now of course DL would have to draw up gameplans to utalize him on TEs and Roaming the middle ... I wouldn't line him up outside unless injuries happened ... can DL draw up new plans to utalize his talent?? I don't really know , I think he's set in his ways

Jensk - What did Worilds and Carter do to not be given a chance? , Worilds has flashed , and has a ton of talent , can he put it all together I would like to see ... Only OLB I would like to draft at least in the 1st would be if Jarvis Jones or Ziggy Ansah feel , even then will they get a chance yr 1?? I don't think so because I think Worilds will be given the chance this year even if they draft OLB rd 1 ... I'd much rather bring in a WR or TE in the 1st somebody who will get some extensive playing time

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I really like it... but I think a lot of the guys you are targeting will be gone before we pick... try this, drop the Amerson pick

#93 - Kenjon Barnder - RB - Oregon -

Agree that would be a pretty sweet draft......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I don't think that starting Worilds necessarily mean that they'll shy away from an OLB should one fall to them in the first.
    yes they will, we have other needs.

forget about ****ing injured jones falling to them WE HAVE OTHER NEEDS FFS

we now need a RB, WR and CB/S. One of them will be drafted in the first round and I can bet you $ now it will be
    Wallace sucks.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post

#93 - Kenjon Barner - RB - Oregon -

fixed
    Wallace sucks.

Thread Information