Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: beanie wells had a physical in pittsburgh

Bookmark and Share
    At this point I'd be shocked if they sign any "big to mid name" players... Seems this team is OK just letting practice squad players on the field, I mean really think about it, Redman, Dwyer are both PS players, right??

Honestly I'd like to sign Beanie but I'm not sure he's the answer, personally they let the answer sign with the Cards, we need a RB that can also catch...

Banned
    The ideal situation for me would be for them to sign Wells to a 3-year deal similar to Foote's where they could cut him after 1 if it doesnt work out, without any major cap implications. If it works out, great, he's under contract. If not, cut him, no harm done. Cut Redman. Come April draft Lattimore in the 3-4 round. Beanie can handle the load this year (if he stays healthy) and Lattimore can take over next year when he's fully healthy. Wells would complement Lattimore well (see what I did there?)

Lattimore will probably be the steal of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    The ideal situation for me would be for them to sign Wells to a 3-year deal similar to Foote's where they could cut him after 1 if it doesnt work out, without any major cap implications. If it works out, great, he's under contract. If not, cut him, no harm done. Cut Redman. Come April draft Lattimore in the 3-4 round. Beanie can handle the load this year (if he stays healthy) and Lattimore can take over next year when he's fully healthy. Wells would complement Lattimore well (see what I did there?)

Lattimore will probably be the steal of the draft.
    Lattimore and Wells are the same.. Great with bad knees...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Big T has fully embraced the new philosophy of the front office:

Bring in half crap *** players from downtrodden teams and put them in a Steelers uniform and hope the uniform transforms them into great players.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

Bring in half crap *** players from downtrodden teams and put them in a Steelers uniform and hope the uniform transforms them into great players.
    Wow... This may be quote of the year
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

BS Neither Wells not Lattimore are "half crap *** players", just ones with past injury problems. No one who watches the game could question their ability to run the football, just their ability to stay on the field.

If Wells blows out a knee in week 6 next year, who cares? Release him and move on because you got him on the cheap. Lattimore will be a stud. If he does not work out because of injury, you wasted a 3-4, not disastrous. Both are low risk and high reward.

Given the cap situation, I would love to see your suggestion for the RB the Steelers should pick up. I know you believe Dwyer is the second coming of Walter Payton and we may not need a feature back, but you are the only one that thinks so.

beanie wells had a physical in pittsburgh

Tomlin's mentality: Next man up! Pure shitballs!

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Gerry Dulac/Adam Capplan Reporting that Beanie Wells has a "bad wheel".....Next??

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    Gerry Dulac/Adam Capplan Reporting that Beanie Wells has a "bad wheel".....Next??
    No... Really...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    Everyone knows he has a bad wheel. Are they saying he failed his physical with the Steelers? I can't imagine he did or they wouldn't be having he come back for a visit today.

There is always another injury prone RB out there we could pick up like Ahmad Bradshaw.

Thread Information