Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison to THE RAVENS?!?!?!

Bookmark and Share

James Harrison to THE RAVENS?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jdehoff83 View Post
    So you would date your buddies ex? F that...harrison jersey will get lost quick
    Well said.. I feel the same!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

He's 35 and he's still feels like he has a lot to give. If the Ravens are going to give him an opportunity, he'd be stupid not to take it just so he doesn't upset unreasonable Steelers fans.

That man has done so much for this team and to discard all that just because he wants to keep playing is ridiculous.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Remember rod woodson played for the ravens and won his only sb there.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by jdehoff83 View Post
    So you would date your buddies ex? F that...harrison jersey will get lost quick
    This is nothing like dating a friend's ex girlfriend. That situation involves friendships, feelings, and loyalty........

James Harrison signing with the Ravens involves none of those things. He gave us everything he had while he was with us.
    This is a pure business move. The STEELERS are the ones who cut him, he didn't up and quit on us. We are the team who offered him a contract and didn't stick to it. No blame to James, Hats off to the man.

That being said, I don't blame the Steelers for cutting him, we have to get younger and they realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    This is nothing like dating a friend's ex girlfriend. That situation involves friendships, feelings, and loyalty........

James Harrison signing with the Ravens involves none of those things. He gave us everything he had while he was with us.
    This is a pure business move. The STEELERS are the ones who cut him, he didn't up and quit on us. We are the team who offered him a contract and didn't stick to it. No blame to James, Hats off to the man.

That being said, I don't blame the Steelers for cutting him, we have to get younger and they realize that.
    Yeah that's why we signed Larry Foote to a 3 year deal and lost Wallace, Mendenhall and probably Lewis.

I don't blame Harrison for leaving at all. His performance was great when he was finally healthy in the last few weeks. Making him take a paycut was uncalled for. Colbert is overpaying players. Period. Antonio Brown isn't worth 8.5 million a year. Woodley isn't worth his 61.5 million. Polamalu should have taken a pay cut. He makes 9 million a year and has played like 7 games in the past 3 years.

My Mood
    Pimp

James Harrison to THE RAVENS?!?!?!

Who cares. Just hope he hits Ben legally, hits Sanders and Brown legally and doesn't hurt Miller...lol.

Harrison is a Steelers legend. Just like Woodson, it's not going to "tarnish" his legacy. It's a business.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Remember rod woodson played for the ravens and won his only sb there.
    This. I was upset when Rod signed with the Ratbirds, but he is still one of my favorite Steeler players.
    Gumbands

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The guy intercepted a pass and returned it 100 yards for a TD in the Super Bowl, a TD that ended up being absolutely necessary to win. I do not care if he breaks Ben's leg and sh!ts on his face while Ben screams in pain; I will always love him for that play at the very least.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Veteran
    First of all, the agent is only talking to the Ravens. And he should talk to them, along with all the other teams. That's what an agent does. Second of all, the Ravens don't have money to pay him like he wants. They basically want him for dirt cheap. If he refused a 30% cut from us, there's no way he'd go for less than that to them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Yeah that's why we signed Larry Foote to a 3 year deal and lost Wallace, Mendenhall and probably Lewis.

The Steelers have been getting younger (and hopefully healthier). Hampton, Smith, Harrison, Ward, Farrior all were let go in the last year+. They are obviously getting younger, even though it's still necessary to bring back a guy like Foote (who they had no replacement for by the way) for another year.

As for Wallace and Lewis, Wallace wanted QB type money. There's no way he'd fit into the Steelers salary structure; Miami is going to regret that contract, just you watch. And Lewis, well, let's see what happens first. He hasn't gone anywhere yet. And Mendenhall, you're complaining that they let Mendenhall go? Seriously?
    Last edited by Nolrog; 03-14-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Thread Information