Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison to THE RAVENS?!?!?!

Bookmark and Share
    I doubt it, he is going for one last payday. And no one is going to pay him big money to be a backup. I don't blame him, but man I'm gonna miss him.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

The mutual interest between the Baltimore Ravens and former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison continues to build.

"I've talked to Ozzie and we're going to talk again Saturday," Harrison's agent Bill Parise told The Baltimore Sun on Thursday. "Their timeline is a little slower at this point, but Ozzie's going to have to sign at least a couple of linebackers. I know where we stand. He's made it clear that there's interest from the Ravens, and we have an interest. We would like that very much for James to wind up with great organization like the Ravens. So, we'll wait and see where it goes."

The Ravens' "slower" timeline might have to do with them awaiting a decision from safety Ed Reed. Harrison and the Ravens haven't even talked contract terms.

It's a familiar story from Parise, who said soon after Harrison was cut that he was a good fit in Baltimore.

Free-agent tracker

Where will Mike Wallace wind up? Follow him and all the other NFL players on the move in our free-agent tracker. More ...

The agent told The Sun there are six teams that have interest in the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker.

The Ravens make some sense for Harrison. Coming off a Super Bowl championship Baltimore lost outside linebacker Paul Kruger to the Cleveland Browns and inside linebacker Dannelle Ellerbe to the Miami Dolphins along with the retirement of Ray Lewis

The 34-year-old Harrison could provide a good tandem with linebacker Terrell Suggs as well as spelling Courtney Upshaw in certain passing situations.

Baltimore has holes to fill and will look to do it on the cheaper end. Its former nemesis could fit perfectly into both categories.

Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

They aren't going to pay Harrison $6 mil this year. I just don't see it happening. If he doesn't get an offer much better than what we offered, I can see him coming back to Pittsburgh. Giving him a "take a pay cut or be cut" ultimatum is shady, but having said that, a 30 percent decrease with a chance to earn it back by starts and production seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    They aren't going to pay Harrison $6 mil this year. I just don't see it happening. If he doesn't get an offer much better than what we offered, I can see him coming back to Pittsburgh. Giving him a "take a pay cut or be cut" ultimatum is shady, but having said that, a 30 percent decrease with a chance to earn it back by starts and production seems reasonable to me.
    I'd go for this..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Worilds is young he can sit another year?? lol

Sign Harrison.. Cheap.. Trade him to the first team that loses an OLB in the fall and get a #2 for him next year...

Since James Harrison was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers upon refusing to accept a pay cut, he has publicly flirted with at least a half-dozen teams featuring a 3-4 defensive scheme. His agent recently insisted that six teams are interested in the veteran linebacker.

So why hasn't Harrison signed -- or at least made team visits?

It appears that he and his agent have overestimated his value significantly.

Free-agent tracker

Where will Brent Grimes wind up? Follow him and all the other NFL players on the move in our free-agent tracker. More...

With NFL executives congregating in Phoenix over the weekend, SI.com's Peter King finds that Harrison is "the coldest name of them all" at the NFL Annual Meeting.

Unable to find a single person willing to admit an interest in Harrison, King believes the 34-year-old will have to settle for less than half of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to earn with the Steelers.

Frankly, King's report isn't the least bit surprising. While Harrison remains stout against the run, it was obvious that he had lost a few steps as a pass rusher last season. No team with a 3-4 defense is going to spend big money for a declining, injury-prone edge rusher no longer pressuring quarterbacks on a consistent basis.

It will be interesting to see if Harrison's market is cold enough that he would consider returning to Pittsburgh on a contract worth less than the reduced rate he rejected just over a week ago.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't want him back if he comes back with his tail between his legs
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

SI's Peter King calls free agent James Harrison the "coldest name" at this week's league meetings. King says he "cannot find anyone admitting to being interested in the former Steeler." King believes Harrison may have to play for "less than half" of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to make before being cut loose by Pittsburgh. Harrison has been vaguely connected to the Ravens, but has spent most of his time on the open market opining about teams he would "love" to play for. At least so far, the interest hasn't been mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I don't want him back if he comes back with his tail between his legs
    Right, even if he says, OK I'll take a cut.. F that you had your chance!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information