Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    10 million in cap space? they are clearing space for someone
    Cliff Avril?

I wanted him in his draft year, and we took Bruce ****ing Davis over him

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I dont like a WR in the first... if thats the case go after Victor. Hes already proven.

The closer we get to the draft the more and more I want to move back...

Jones or Jordan is my #1 wish. IMO after keeping foster I dont think they will pull the trigger on Cooper or Womack now, regardless if available and there talent level. I really am not feeling the WRs @ #1. No RB's for #1.

Jordan
    Jones
    Rhodes
    Vaccaro
    Elam
    Ansah
    Teo - "Gulp"
    Eifert

Could Hankins or Jenkins be on the radar?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    is that how it works.... so they get the 1.2 in savings they would have received had the outright released him today.
    But since they are designating it for 6/1, they will get the additional savings at that time?

Is that right?

Thanks! I always had trouble understanding what was going on in those scenarios!

Time to update my spreadsheet calculations!

edit: wait... how does rule 51 apply here?

No, I don't think that's right. They keep his entire salary on the books until June 1st and then it gets spread out over 2 or 3 years (so a bigger savings this year at that time.) However, that means that they push more dead money into next year and the year after.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    I dont like a WR in the first... if thats the case go after Victor. Hes already proven.

The closer we get to the draft the more and more I want to move back...

Jones or Jordan is my #1 wish. IMO after keeping foster I dont think they will pull the trigger on Cooper or Womack now, regardless if available and there talent level. I really am not feeling the WRs @ #1. No RB's for #1.

Jordan
    Jones
    Rhodes
    Vaccaro
    Elam
    Ansah
    Teo - "Gulp"
    Eifert

Could Hankins or Jenkins be on the radar?
    You need to get yourself some Cordarelle Patterson tape...
    I'd take Keenan Allen, Hopkins, or Hunter at 17 too...

We have one of worst WR cores in the NFL right now

We have 1 #2 WR
    We have 1 #3 WR
    We have 2 #4 WRs
    And a few practice squad guys

Pass Rusher and WR is the top need... nothing else is even remotely close

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    No, I don't think that's right. They keep his entire salary on the books until June 1st and then it gets spread out over 2 or 3 years (so a bigger savings this year at that time.) However, that means that they push more dead money into next year and the year after.
    The accelerated cap hit will be this year and next year if the cut is after June 1. 3.225 this year and next year for Colon, if the cut is designated after June 1.

That part I'm sure of.

The question was whether the release they just made (designated for after June 1 as allowed), would realize the cap savings immediately (if it wasn't why would they allow release for future designation?)

My understanding after some research today, is that the full savings is realized immediately and there is 3.225 in dead cap space this year and next year for Colon.

His salary has nothing to do with it. Only the previously guaranteed money gets accelerated because it was yet to be amortized into the cap.

Draft Pick
    Bye willie

Banned
    God dammit... stupid cap....

No one seems to know for sure.

I just read that none of the cap savings from Colon cut will be available until June 2nd

It also seems that there are differentiating figures on the dead money. Some are reporting (Bouchette), that it's 4.15 in dead money in 2014. Meaning the 2.15 for this year, IS applied this year, and the remaining 2 seasons accelerate into 2014.

I always thought the remaining total unallocated bonus (6.45), was DIVIDED over 2 seasons (this year and 2014). Which would leave 3.225 in dead space this year and next year.

so who is right... who ****ing knows.

but my bet is that the Colon savings, wont be available til June 2, and that's fine because they are going to need roughly 5.5 to sign the rookie class

so while everyone got excited about how much cap space we have.... we really only have around 3.5 million to play with right now
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 03-13-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    10 million in cap space? they are clearing space for someone
    Out of who's left I hope it Rogers-Cromartie or Stephen jackson. I actually think theres a couple of corners that I would take other than Lewis if they wanted the same money. At this point I wouldn't mind giving Deangelo Hall a look , thats if he wanted to play for a championship and not money. Maybe we can get him cheaper than Lewis and open money for another free agent. You also have Derek Cox out there if i'm not mistaken , he 's a good young corner with size that shouldn't command much money.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

2nd String
    I would rather not spend that money ... just save it , so were not in salary cap hell every year ... or use it to extend Cortez right now ... stop letting these guys flash and then be in a contract year without the money to pay them ...

2nd String
    you could also get them cheaper earlier , before they showed the league what they can do

Thread Information