Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bruce Gradkowski to Visit Steelers Tomorrow

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    You don't spend much time in Pittsburgh do you?

Even BEFORE 2009 Ben wasn't exactly popular in that city with the Yinzers.

Just like Bradshaw.
    yea, I remember all the "We want Batch" chants in the streets

Will get to see what he can do around week 8 or 9. I remember him torching the Steelers when he played for the Raiders.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    wow, based on your response, I have to assume that you believe that Batch'es numbers as a Starter for the Detroit Lions, are somehow relevant in 2013. Are you that dense to not recognize how ****ing stupid your argument is becoming?
    LOL I would just love to see an argument from "Mr. Stats" that actually had to do with more than your opinion. Batch's numbers with Detroit beat Gradkowski's by far. Batch's numbers with the Steelers beat Gradkowski's by far. We are Gradkowski's sixth team in seven years. He is so freaking great that he is run out of town at an average of about once per year.

I don't think you know what a straw man argument is.
    Not only do I know it, but I teach logical fallacies at two universities while you drop to your knees whenever you hear the word "fallacy" thinking you are about to give a BJ. Take the dictionary out from under your couch leg and look it up. A straw man argument is incorrectly stating someone else's argument and shooting down the fake argument. You framed my argument as me having a 21 year old rookie backing up Ben when I was quite clear that Batch would be the main backup for another year. That is a straw man.

Who uses stats to compare backup QBs with a decade in age between them?
    I used both. One has been a competent starter or backup his entire career (yes, that is relevant), while the other has won 30 percent of the games he started over seven years. Batch had not played meaningful games for a couple of years until last year and would have been 2-0 if the RBs could have held onto the football. He did not do this for a "contender" but for an 8-8 team and his win came against the world champions.

Not many, which is why getting one at 30 yrs old for 3 years is a good move
    Huh? The question was how many teams let "competent backup" Gradkowski go, and you say, "Not many?" We are his SIXTH team. In Tampa, he was benched for Tim Rattay and Luke McClown.

In St. Louis, he was cut for Brock Berlin as their number 3.

In Cleveland, he was cut to make room for the future hall of famers Richard Bartell and Brett Ratliff.

In Oakland, he was obviously seen as worse than Jamarcus Russell. While you say "Batch may break a rib when he sneezes", Gradkowski went on IR in 2009 and 2010. The Raiders did not want him in 2011 because they had Tyrelle Pryor and Kyle Boller backing up Campbell.

In Cincy, he was so valued that they kept Zac Robinson (a 7th rounder) and let Gradkowski go.

Meanwhile, you completely ignore your statement that was "Crash" worthy, that 6th rounders do not develop into competent backups at the same time arguing the merits of 6th rounder Gradkowski. Not to mention that Brady was a 6th rounder. One that many Steelers fans were sorry to lose was Dennis Dixon, a fifth rounder.

Too funny.

Rex Grossman or Jason Campbell would have been much more "competent backups."
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 03-14-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Will get to see what he can do around week 8 or 9. I remember him torching the Steelers when he played for the Raiders.
    So did Tebow when he played for the Donkeys. I am not calling him to be our backup either.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    What's sad? The MINUTE Ben throws a pick? Some Yinzers will be calling for the local boy to start.

You know it.

I know it.

The freaking team knows it.
    What's sad? You actually believe this is true.

Bruce Gradkowski to Visit Steelers Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    What's sad? You actually believe this is true.
    Lol he thinks this is the J-E-T-S, jets jets jets..

Thread Information