Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everybody still raving over "rooney rule" including Union Chief

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    what if tomlin was blue? would it be a big deal then?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    what if tomlin was blue? would it be a big deal then?
    nope, all they see is that he's black and no on can get over it......i feel sorry for tomlin...........now no matter what, ppl are gonna think he was hired just because he's black but not because of the person he is.....
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    nope, all they see is that he's black and no on can get over it......i feel sorry for tomlin...........now no matter what, ppl are gonna think he was hired just because he's black but not because of the person he is.....
    I couldnt agree with you more. This guy is a great coach. He turned the minnesota vikings around. I read a report out of minneapolis that said many people think that childress would be fired and they would have named tomlin head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    this is getting ****ing stupid.....i bet if we hired rivera no one would give a ****.....there'd be one article about him being hispanic and then never brought up again.....but since tomlin is black ppl can't stfu about it...........they need to get over this color ****
    I think people also discriminate against him because of his age. I think the tomlin is far more qualified for this job then rivera. We got the right man.

he didnt get hired because hes black

I think alot of the problem is that steeler fans arent used to seeing an african american head coach. I promise you if we would have hired joe greene instead of Cowher the press wouldnt have gone this far with tomlin.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I could F**** care less what color he was and when Mcnabb was trying to win a super bowl as a black for the 2nd time when the last time a white was a RB on a super bowl winning team

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Society may have come a long way over the decades past, but we still obviously have a long way to go...

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I, for one, will be glad when the color of a person's skin is no longer an issue to even bring up. It's embarrassing to me that this should even be "newsworthy".

It's 2007, and people still act as though it's "shocking" that a person of color is actually capable of being a leader in whatever field they're trying to get into.

When it's no longer a media topic,that will mean that we've finally arrived at the place we need to be in this country.

It's old and no one should give a crap. It's just the media trying to make a story out of nothing. Are they really stupid enough to think the Rooney's would hire less than the best to continue on with our sucess and winning tradition. No, they picked the best man for the job....he's a person just like anyone else....why people still refuse to see someone for something other than their color is beyond me. It's 2007 not 1957!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Thread Information