Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaixco Burress Re-sign (1 yr)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    with Wallace gone, they have to use him more (I believe we'll go LB in the first)...I love this

Superbowl!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Good move. He still has some left in his tank and as someone who got to spend time in prison with him (I was the prison teacher on his PC unit), he really is a good guy and I want success for him on a personal level.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Good move. He still has some left in his tank and as someone who got to spend time in prison with him (I was the prison teacher on his PC unit), he really is a good guy and I want success for him on a personal level.
    That's pretty cool.

Plaxico Burress is back with the Steelers, and he says he wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Burress told the team’s website that he told Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and General Manager Kevin Colbert at the end of last season that if the Steelers would have him back, he wouldn’t even look around to see what else was out there.

“I told them Pittsburgh was the only place I wanted to be,” Burress said. “When I came in last year I thought I was in good shape for the time frame I was there. All I wanted this year was an opportunity to get into minicamp and training camp and start to get myself back into real football shape along with everyone else.”

Although Burress only played in four games and caught three passes last season, he said he believes the Steelers intend to give him a chance to fill the starting spot that Mike Wallace vacated.

“For me to get off the board the first day of free agency I think it says a lot about the Steelers and what kind of role they have in mind for me,” Burress said. “I am going to approach it like I am going to be a starter

Burress began his career with five seasons in Pittsburgh before leaving for the Giants, where he spent four years. He then spent two years in prison for illegally possessing a gun and returned in 2011 to the Jets. But he says Pittsburgh is where he wants to be.

“It’s a special place,” Burress said. “From the owners on down they create an atmosphere that can’t be duplicated. It’s within the building. It’s been that way as long as I can remember. It’s everyone in the building. It’s the foundation. It’s special. You don’t get to be around an organization or teammates like the Steelers other places around the NFL. That is one of the first things I noticed when I left and went to New York. Sometimes you want to embark on bigger and better things and go to the big city. I did that. There are pros and cons of every situation. I am back because I love it in Pittsburgh. When you leave you realize how special a place it really is.”

The 35-year-old Burress likely doesn’t have much time left in the NFL, but he appears content to end his career where it began.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wanted-to-be/

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    That's pretty cool.
    Thanks, it was a pleasure to meet him. Plaxico came in about September 2009. I was there until December, when I moved to Kentucky. I was a little pi$$ed off because Cowher came into Oneida Correctional Facility to interview Plax the week of the Super Bowl in early 2010 but I had already left. Just missed meeting him by a couple of months.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Asleep
    This has been one of the very few smart moves the Steelers have made in the off season so far.

Not sure why everyone likes this option. He is tall and that is it. I just hope we find a nice WR in the draft.

We need so much but I think the Steelers can find a couple WR in rounds 3 to 5.

I am starting to see how some of the crummy teams stay crummy. I just hope we can plug our holes quick enough otherwise the ship slowly sinks and it is tough.

We don't have our franchise RB.....WR is sort of Tier 2....Heath needs some help....LB needs a stud.....we need to mold 2 Safeties within 2 years and we need a CB in 2 years.....and oh ya we need to upgrade our DL.
    Last edited by polamalu43; 03-15-2013 at 12:02 AM.

He's tall, can still jump, and still has great hands. His speed is shot but as a redzone threat it wont matter much. Two of his three catches last season were impressive, in traffic catches: his 1st catch against SD and his TD against Cleveland.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like the move. A veteran receiver can help mentor this still young corp.

I still think if we kept Hines one more year, his presence alone would have helped develop and stabilize the "Young Money" crew.

Thread Information