Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agents

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i know you are a big fan of Wallace (I am to... to an extent)

But after he signs the contract today, I hope all of Steeler nation recognizes how we made the right move in letting him go.

he's going to get into the 13 per range... and the guaranteed money is going to be bonkers... like 30 million guaranteed.

i'll crap my pants if we get steven jackson... that would be so awesome.
    i think they made the right move at the end considering i think they made all the wrong moves the last 2 years. Him walking for nothing is a travesty, but him getting more money than bowe is mind blowing. Hes a productive, young WR, but hes off his rocker on his value to a team. If he ran routes like santonio did, then yeah...hed be unstoppable, but hes never gonna be a complete WR if he (and his team) only treats him like the fastest guy ever

connor would be a good fit, hes a decent player...about what i expected out of him, im glad hes got some experience though because i wasnt thrilled about him coming out of penn state

Victor Butler would be an interesting fit here as well. He's had something like 11 sacks in limited playing time behind Ware and Spencer in Dallas. Should be cheap too.

butler would be good, hes more of a pure pass rusher but a pretty good one and a good fit

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    connor would be a good fit, hes a decent player...about what i expected out of him, im glad hes got some experience though because i wasnt thrilled about him coming out of penn state
    I wonder how realistic is it for us to land Conner?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    From KFFL.com

Steelers | Might pursue Steven Jackson
    Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:53:50 -0700

The Pittsburgh Steelers are looking to upgrade their running game this offseason, and reportedly covet free-agent RB Steven Jackson (Rams).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#843429#ixzz2NIKTr6di
    I recall another running back coming over from the Rams a few years back...that seemed to work out pretty well. I hope this materializes into a solution for our running back problem.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Would be epic... But i wonder how much tread he has on the tires. Last year he spilt carries but before that the rams ran him into the ground.

But if we got jackson, dwyer could spell him...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think they made the right move at the end considering i think they made all the wrong moves the last 2 years. Him walking for nothing is a travesty, but him getting more money than bowe is mind blowing. Hes a productive, young WR, but hes off his rocker on his value to a team. If he ran routes like santonio did, then yeah...hed be unstoppable, but hes never gonna be a complete WR if he (and his team) only treats him like the fastest guy ever
    Also, good luck to Wallace in putting up big numbers. I don't think Tannahill is that good. Meaning, unless Tannahill just has tunnell vision for Wallace, I don't think he'll be that productive. But he'll have his money so he better not say a peep about "lack of productivity". He left to get the money to play with a sub-par QB so he should just suck it up.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Would be epic... But i wonder how much tread he has on the tires. Last year he spilt carries but before that the rams ran him into the ground.

But if we got jackson, dwyer could spell him...
    he ran angry last year. His legs arent dead like michael turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Also, good luck to Wallace in putting up big numbers. I don't think Tannahill is that good. Meaning, unless Tannahill just has tunnell vision for Wallace, I don't think he'll be that productive. But he'll have his money so he better not say a peep about "lack of productivity". He left to get the money to play with a sub-par QB so he should just suck it up.
    I didnt like tannehill, but hes not a bad QB. I think he has a future

As much as i'd love to see Steven Jackson come to Pittsburgh I just dont see our FO pulling the trigger on a deal like that. I look at the RB's they went into the season with last year (Not being able to count on Mendenhall due to his injury so i dont count him) and they are entering the season with the same bunch. BUT, isn't it telling that NIETHER Dwyer nor Redman is under contract through 2013!?!?

I like the Dan Conner visit and it appears our major competition is ARI, who is also reportedly interested in Foote. I think he's a damn good fit and he played at DAL last year for 800k. sign him for $1mil/year and you got an instant upgrade over what we've had over the last 3 years!

Thread Information