Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents

Bookmark and Share
    i saw cruz draw at least 4 flags for laying limp after a hit

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    troy and clark are ****ing terrible
    Why does everyone have to be "awesome" or "terrible"

Troy and Clark are not their former selves.
    But they are FAR from terrible

When Troy WAS on the field in 2012, he still had one of the best "YPSC" in the league (yards per snap in coverage)
    Ryan Clark's performance based value (PFF) exceeded his contract last year. He was the 6th best performance based value player on the Steelers. Troy, was the most over valued player.... but solely due to missing so much time.

I know you are capable of a much more meaningful evaluation than "they are terrible"

Don't be one of those guys
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

PFF creates insanely unique stats that are horrible subjective....yards per snap in coverage? come on man, dont be one of those guys

Not terrible, fine...marginally serviceable, is that what you want? I was on the "nah im sure troy can bounce back and stay healthy" bandwagon 2-3 years ago. Im really over it at this point, hes a wasted roster spot.

Ive never liked clark, he worked well with troy though. I would have liked Crezdon Butler to get a crack at FS, but that never worked out. Between Anthony Smith, Keenan Lewis, Crezdon Butler i thought we had at least one heir to the FS spot...but they come and go and were continually stuck with clarks mediocrity

Assistant Coach
    PFF creates insanely unique stats that are horrible subjective....yards per snap in coverage? come on man, dont be one of those guys
    I think PFF does an excellent job. I'm completely comfortable using their subjective analysis, it holds a lot more weight than yours (until you prove otherwise). How do you think we come to our conclusions about anything in football? It's almost all subjective analysis. I think PFF has an excellent track record. Their analysis is thorough.

You say, "don't be that guy".... well, I find the guy who writes off credible analysis when it doesn't fit his own opinion to be the "don't be that guy" person.

Not terrible, fine...marginally serviceable, is that what you want? I was on the "nah im sure troy can bounce back and stay healthy" bandwagon 2-3 years ago. Im really over it at this point, hes a wasted roster spot.
    Plenty of passion in there.... not much analysis.
    Troy played incredible when he finally returned healthy

I am concerned over his health... very concerned. So concerned that I would not have been upset if he was cut.
    But, as far as his performanc... there is no doubt that IF he is healthy this year, he will be the same Troy... as was evidenced in the last 4 games of the season.

Ive never liked clark, he worked well with troy though. I would have liked Crezdon Butler to get a crack at FS, but that never worked out. Between Anthony Smith, Keenan Lewis, Crezdon Butler i thought we had at least one heir to the FS spot...but they come and go and were continually stuck with clarks mediocrity
    Sounds like passion opinions again

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    they are going to pay troy another $8 million to ride the bench again when his calfs explode or he has a headache. He was such a great player but such an overrated one. The defense has played fine without him, more disciplined actually. He had a good run but his size and playing style has taken a toll on his body. You cant be 5-10 and just torpedo yourself around forever.

Clark is good as laying a boom, thats it. Theres probably 15 FS better than him at least. And troy cant even be ranked because hes been a non factor the last few years. This allegiance to them is holding the team back
    The D was much better late in the season when Troy and James were healthier. That is a big coincidence.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I think PFF does an excellent job. I'm completely comfortable using their subjective analysis, it holds a lot more weight than yours (until you prove otherwise). How do you think we come to our conclusions about anything in football? It's almost all subjective analysis. I think PFF has an excellent track record. Their analysis is thorough.

You say, "don't be that guy".... well, I find the guy who writes off credible analysis when it doesn't fit his own opinion to be the "don't be that guy" person.

Plenty of passion in there.... not much analysis.
    Troy played incredible when he finally returned healthy

I am concerned over his health... very concerned. So concerned that I would not have been upset if he was cut.
    But, as far as his performanc... there is no doubt that IF he is healthy this year, he will be the same Troy... as was evidenced in the last 4 games of the season.

Sounds like passion opinions again
    you say not everyone has to be "awesome" or "terrible" but troy played incredible? come on now...troy hasnt been an incredible player in years. And his WPATT is at an all time high (that is whiffs per attempted torpedo tackle, i can make up stats too)

4 games out of the year is just not what this defense needs...thats what they were getting from Aaron Smith near the end and it was a major detriment to the team, not just because he wasnt on the field but because he was just sitting there taking up a roster spot and making a huge salary while the team wouldnt IR him as he nursed his injury. We are seeing the exact same thing with polamalu.

I dont get what you like so much about the safety tandem we have, clark in particular...I do with troy, hes a fan favorite but clark is a nobody and an over the hill safety. Is it his lack of closing speed you like? Or his overall poor coverage? Hes a monster run support safety (so is troy for that matter, always has been, but that is not what they need to be working towards) his ridiculous tackle numbers indicate that, but even you have agreed with me that this team is not lacking bodies and role players, its lacking impact players and difference makers....ryan clark is definitely nothing of that kind

Id like a corner like Xavier Rhodes (even though he would be wasted here, at least initially) but im way more comfortable with Cortez, Ike, Brown, and Gay at CB than I am with Troy and Clark at safety....with Will Allen gone and Ryan Mundy gone, they dont even have average backups anymore. Kenny Vaccaro wouldnt upset me as not only immediate insurance but a replacement sooner rather than later...still would prefer Elam, Amerson, Thomas...guys that could all be impactful like troy used to be

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    The D was much better late in the season when Troy and James were healthier. That is a big coincidence.
    Harrison when healthy is just as productive as ever, especially against the run and being held by LTs. He was a real boost to the defense. (one that still wasnt very good with the two in there). I see why hes not getting much attention though, hes horrible for PR...hes dumb as a rock and has a bullseye over him from the commissioner

Assistant Coach
    you say not everyone has to be "awesome" or "terrible" but troy played incredible? come on now...troy hasnt been an incredible player in years. And his WPATT is at an all time high (that is whiffs per attempted torpedo tackle, i can make up stats too)
    healthy, end of the season Troy... was the Troy we all know and love.

4 games out of the year is just not what this defense needs...thats what they were getting from Aaron Smith near the end and it was a major detriment to the team, not just because he wasnt on the field but because he was just sitting there taking up a roster spot and making a huge salary while the team wouldnt IR him as he nursed his injury. We are seeing the exact same thing with polamalu.
    I agree

I dont get what you like so much about the safety tandem we have, clark in particular...I do with troy, hes a fan favorite but clark is a nobody and an over the hill safety. Is it his lack of closing speed you like? Or his overall poor coverage? Hes a monster run support safety (so is troy for that matter, always has been, but that is not what they need to be working towards) his ridiculous tackle numbers indicate that, but even you have agreed with me that this team is not lacking bodies and role players, its lacking impact players and difference makers....ryan clark is definitely nothing of that kind
    I disagree with most of your poorly viewed negatives regarding Clark.
    Coaches tape shows how good Clark's play recognition is and how he makes our risky zone coverages work

there's a clear reason... on tape... for why the Steelers managed a top tier passing defense the last 2 years with almost no pass rush... and his name is Ryan Clark

Id like a corner like Xavier Rhodes (even though he would be wasted here, at least initially) but im way more comfortable with Cortez, Ike, Brown, and Gay at CB than I am with Troy and Clark at safety....with Will Allen gone and Ryan Mundy gone, they dont even have average backups anymore. Kenny Vaccaro wouldnt upset me as not only immediate insurance but a replacement sooner rather than later...still would prefer Elam, Amerson, Thomas...guys that could all be impactful like troy used to be
    Im not comfortable with Brown being on the field in the 4th quarter of an important game

Free Agents

Troy is past his prime, trade him now while he's worth something!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Id love to trade him, and i am appreciative for what he has brought to the defense since he was drafted in what? 03?, some owner out there would love his ability and how much of a fan favorite he is. Wont happen though

Free Agents

DHB to the Colts...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information