Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agents

Bookmark and Share

Re: Free Agents

Zing!!!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Has there been any update on any FAs... i heard elvis is looking to try and resign with denver.

Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Has there been any update on any FAs... i heard elvis is looking to try and resign with denver.

They made him an offer.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

The Denver Broncos have made an offer to defensive end Elvis Dumervil, executive vice president of football operations John Elway told the Denver Post.

NFL Bracketology

Vote for the greatest play in NFL history:
    NFL.com has picked the 64 best plays ever, and over the next three weeks we are asking fans to cast their votes for the best. Vote now!

"We'd like to have Elvis back," Elway said.

The two parties are back at the table after last week's debacle in which the Broncos didn't receive the agreed upon three-year, $30 million contract because of a faulty fax machine. The Broncos released Dumervil to avoid paying an original $12 million owed. Dumervil had agreed to cut his pay down to $8 million.

The Baltimore Ravens have shown the most interest in Dumervil, who fired agent Marty Magid and hired Tom Condon and Ben Dogra after the fax debacle.

Elway didn't give a clue as to what the new offer was, but it likely won't be as much as the failed deal. As backup plans, the Broncos reportedly are ready to make a run at Dwight Freeney or John Abraham.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland
    "Happy Happy Happy"

id pay 8 million for doom, thats a deal that could work

I feel like we wont be going after him that much. Were gonna wait until it settles down n pick thru whats left.

Huff, 30, was cut by the Oakland Raiders this month, but likely would start for the Ravens, especially if Reed chooses to sign with the Houston Texans. The Ravens also parted ways with safety Bernard Pollard, leaving a hole in the back end of the Ravens' defense. Reserve James Ihedigbo inked a one-year contract last week, but the Ravens are looking for veteran help.

huff would be very good in our defense...could play safety and corner. Both raider cast offs Huff and DHB would be big signings

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    K-Train

Please. Your selling me **** and telling me it's salami.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

these guys have played for a team that has made it a legit uphill battle to reach their potential....very poor coaching, scheming, drafting (reaching), cap management (overpaying, restructuring, cutting), and overall attitude.

Huff is freakishly athletic, a decent center fielding FA and could definitely play corner off deep zones like our guys do. Did he live up to being drafted like 6th overall? no....but name me a raiders top pick that has. Jamarcus #1, Huff #6, DHB #7, Mcclain #8..i suppose mcfadden is a pretty decent turnout.

DHB was about the 6th best WR that year based on his potential and skill set....he was behind crabtree, maclin, harvin, britt, and nicks but he dazzled Al will his speed. Mike wallace turned out to be everything they wanted DHB to be, DHB would be a welcomed replacement at a fraction of the cost. Hes starting to come into his own, hes not just a track star anymore.

I feel sorry for some of these guys, not because they made a **** load of money they didnt deserve but the raiders were a major setback in their development....a guy like russel could have been great if he went to a better supporting cast and wasnt able to spend his $60 million. To me he was a top 20-32 guy all along, but went #1 and those expectations and his scenery ruined him. DHB went way higher than he should have...probably a full round, but maybe we should look into scooping up someone elses young talent as they give up on them too early and see if we can make the most of them rather than letting our own guys walk elsewhere for big money. DHB and Denarius Moore would be welcomed additions, I like huff but that probably wont happen

Thread Information