Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agents

Bookmark and Share
    Mendenhall was one of my favorite picks. He was my guy in 08. I didn't think there was any chance of him falling to us. He was under appreciated here and he received a lot of hate he didn't deserve.

God damn I hate this. I obviously knew we'd lose them, but Wallace and Mendenhall were two of my favorites. I'm definitely a player kind of guy haha.

Free agent CB Keenan Lewis will visit the Saints.
    Along with much of the cornerback market, Lewis has yet to be the subject of serious buzz as Aqib Talib, Brent Grimes, and Sean Smith all remain unsigned. Lewis was a zone corner in Pittsburgh, though we suspect he'd play plenty of man in Rob Ryan's mixed-coverage defense. Lewis turns 27 years old this May.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Mendenhall was one of my favorite picks. He was my guy in 08. I didn't think there was any chance of him falling to us. He was under appreciated here and he received a lot of hate he didn't deserve.

God damn I hate this. I obviously knew we'd lose them, but Wallace and Mendenhall were two of my favorites. I'm definitely a player kind of guy haha.
    Mendenhall was a seriously average RB

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Mendenhall was a seriously average RB
    He didn't become the player I thought he would be come for various reasons.....I watched him play a ton on the tv while he was at Illinois....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    He didn't become the player I thought he would be come for various reasons.....I watched him play a ton on the tv while he was at Illinois....
    he was above average at everything... but had no star quality. He didn't run with power. He wasn't explosive. He wasn't going to run by anyone. He had no RAC skills.

But he could run "effectively" inside and outside, he could catch the ball and pass protect... he just turned out to be a big waste of a 1st round pick, as most RBs end up.

@EdBouchette: "@thomashertz1: @EdBouchette u think the steelers will.look at @BeanieWells26" ... Had him in for a physical this week

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    @EdBouchette: "@thomashertz1: @EdBouchette u think the steelers will.look at @BeanieWells26" ... Had him in for a physical this week
    these RB's will be available after the draft..

I love the NFL station, we lose Wallace and the ceilings falling on the Steelers... Welker is going to goto the Broncos and the Pats have a plan it wont be a bad thing.... Welker had 100+ receptions every year for 5 years.. Wallace had????

But the Pats are OK they have a plan...

Free Agents

Report: Steven Jackson, Green Packers talking contract

By Gregg Rosenthal

Published: March 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM PDT

Modified: March 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM PDT

Rashard Mendenhall and Reggie Bush found homes in free agency on Tuesday. Steven Jackson doesn't want to get left out in the cold when the game of musical chairs at running back stops spinning.

Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that the Packers and running back Steven Jackson have been talking about a three-year deal . Demovsky cautions that doesn't mean a deal is done or a deal will get done, but clearly there is strong mutual interest.

Jackson makes a lot of sense for the Packers because he would bring professionalism and durability to a shaky position for the Packers . He can play all three downs and take advantage of the beneficial looks that an Aaron Rodgers -led offense gives a running back. I don't think he will have to carry the ball 250 times on the Packers anyhow. DuJuan Harris looked great last year, and the Packers like to spread the ball around.

The Atlanta Falcons were tied to Jackson in speculation last month, but they have been focused on re-signing their own players. Green Bay looks like Jackson's best option, even if he's taking a big pay cut from last season.

Free Agents

Rocky Mountain stunner: Welker, Broncos agree to 2-year deal

By

Published: March 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM PDT

Modified: March 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM PDT

In a free agency shocker, former New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker has agreed to a two-year contract with the Denver Broncos , NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Wednesday.

Shortly after Breer reported the news, Denver Broncos executive John Elway confirmed the move on Twitter.

"Agreed to terms on a 2-yr deal with Wes Welker," Elway wrote . "Excited to have Wes join the Broncos . His production & toughness will be a great asset!"

Thread Information