Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our conditioning coordinator

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Our conditioning coordinator

Hey addicts,

This thread is probably 1.5 months too late, but what do we know about Garrett Giemont, the conditioning coordinator with the Steelers?

Do our players do their own thing in these months before camp or is Giemont permitted to organize workouts for them?

I wish we knew Giemont's thoughts on how he might be able to help our guys become more resistant to those damn debilitating lower body injuries. In short, I wish we knew more about Giemont's off-season training philosophy. I'm not sure I've ever really thought about our conditioning coordinator in the past; I am definitely wondering about him and his ideas now.

Our conditioning coordinator

??? The Steelers have a conditioning coach?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Yes they do and there is basically NO info. about him on the team website. I think he was on the staff with Tampa Bay with Tomlin.

The off-season program is the foundation for everything they do in summer & fall. I suspect that the fitness/injury connection is a close one.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I heard the steelers were looking into ways to prevent and improve the rash of injuries that hampered the team the last few seasons.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, he's the one to blame for these constant, every year devastation of the O-line. It isn't a coincidence in my book. These guys are not in the proper shape. And he hasn't been enforcing them being in shape.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Our Conditioning Coach? Are we sure he is not a mole for the other AFCN teams...

Bastard could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Well, he's the one to blame for these constant, every year devastation of the O-line. It isn't a coincidence in my book. These guys are not in the proper shape. And he hasn't been enforcing them being in shape.

But really, where are your facts coming from? He hasn't enforced them being in shape? How exactly do you know? Im tired of people bashing coaches on here with no real information. DeCastro's injury was TOTALLY our strength coach's fault. If he would have been in shape, that guy landing on his knee would have missed him. Same with Pouncey's ankle. Oh yeah and if Willie Colon would have been in shape his achilies would have never been ruptured! These are coincidental incedents. This is such an idiotic thread. Oh my credentials? I'm a senior studying strength and conditioning at PSU. Please, tell me I'm wrong. Could anyone improve at doing their job? Sure but to blame the "every year devastation" simply on one man is moronic.

Three years straight where the O-line is wiped out and it's not conditioning?
    Really?
    It's not a coincidence. Too ignore the fact that the O-line is ALWAYS wiped out IS Moronic! It's not just dumb luck.

I never ignored the fact the o-line is wiped out. My point was its coincidental. You can't prevent every injury by being in shape and it doesn't matter how many years it has been. Teams other than the Steelers go through this predicament which Tomlin has said himself he likes his lineman to be versatile.

Thread Information