Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers re-sign Ramon Foster

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    It's a very smart signing. Everyone wants to hate on Foster but he's been the most reliable lineman they have. Every time they try to make him a backup he steps up an gets the job done. He needs to drop some pounds and get stronger but its a smart signing.

Willie will take a major paycut to be a backup or get cut June 2 and save 5 million. That money will help pay for The Draft pool.

I'm glad they resigned Foster. He was the most consistent guy on the line last year, and I don't mean consistently bad. Not only versatile, as a starter last season, he will push DeCastro and others to bring their A-Game to camp and fight for a starting position.

Colon on the other hand, he must have compromising pics of Colbert and Tomlin to be on the team.

They resigned Legs, they have Beachum, and Foster as potential backups, no need for Colon unless they have him take a paycut and plug him at LG for a year.

this is a smart signing, he can play 3 positions on the line better than guys like hartwig, stapleton, mahan, essex, or scott could play one position

Im not huge on versatile linemen, i think its pretty clear cut what skill set you should have for each position, but when it comes to a backup hes very valuable...more so than someone like legursky, who is a backup caliber player at only one position

Assistant Coach
    smart signing
    do we have numbers yet?
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Waterboy
    Good signing. If we can keep our Oline healthy and add a body or two for depth then we're good. We need guys who can play in our system and he fits the bill.

Draft Pick
    Foster's early extension probably means Colon's imminent departure. Too bad about Willie's chronic injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Foster's early extension probably means Colon's imminent departure. Too bad about Willie's chronic injuries.
    Yeah.......And chronic Holding, lol.

I'm happy about this signing: I not sure way people are always down on Foster. Depending on what happens with Colon, and or the draft, he be a starter at LG, or a backup tackle on either side. He isn't a Al-Pro, but he isn't Chris Kemo either.

But if that kid from N.C. (Copper) I believe is his name is there at 17 I'm grabbing him. (And Colon and Foster can be backups)

Great signing now we don't have to rush into a decision with Colon because if we keep him or not we are still fine. Besides it saves us more money to wait and release him in June.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    Great signing now we don't have to rush into a decision with Colon because if we keep him or not we are still fine. Besides it saves us more money to wait and release him in June.
    Agreed, definitely can't see him surviving the June cuts.

Thread Information