Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rebuilding!

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Ya but vrabel sucked when he played for the steelers.
    No argument there. Just throwing the name out per NPB's post.
    Gumbands

I always thought a rebuilding process also included either a new head coach or a new GM. Steelers simply don't have the money to be competing with the Browns or Pats or other teams with significant room under the cap. I like what they did with the O-line, Plax is a house money signing and Ben loves him so I think it will work out.

We've all been pretty spoiled over the years to think that an 8-8 season coupled with some surprising cuts is a rebuild. While I am not thrilled to see Harrison cut, I called it back in September. If they can retain McClendon, Sanders, and possibly Lewis, then great. If Lewis walks, well, then it's Cortez's time to shine with Gay as a Nickle Back.

Setback? Perhaps. Rebuilding? No. Steelers were 5 or 6 plays away from going 12-4.

It sounds like an excuse, but if this team can stay healthy this season, the Steelers wil be right back in contention for a super bowl. Simply need a feature RB and an OLB Pass rush.

Question: With Harrison gone, do the Steelers move Woody to the blind side and put Worilds on the strong side? I say yes.

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    No team with a franchise QB in his prime is ever rebuilding

Were the Patriots rebuilding when they were dumping law, Harrison, brown, bruschki, Warren, dillon, Seymour, that LBer who caught a lot of Tds and played for the steelers once and his name escapes me... Anyway, the point is, you're wrong and there is a discernible difference between rebuilding and retooling
    I've got news for you friend. Roethlisbergers' entire game has been predicated on his ability to elude the pass rush, extend plays, and play pull-it-out-of-your-*** sand-lot football. Ben's not getting any younger and certainly isn't getting any faster. If you didn't notice his game changed last year then you weren't paying attention. Ben better learn to adapt to Haley's quick decision, quick release system or he's going to fail miserably. Ben better break his Arians day habits of undisciplined rag-tag football, and learn to play more like Brady or he will have stats like he did in SBXL when he **** the bed. If anyone thinks Ben is going to be the same QB he was 4-5 years ago then you're only fooling yourselves.

When you start to unload starting players that have been fixtures in the organization for the better part of a decade, YOU'RE RE-TOOLING (aka Rebuilding). The discernible difference between rebuilding and retooling that you eluded to is the fact that players, coaches, and systems/schemes are being replaced. You'll have a hard time convincing anyone that they're not.
    Last edited by JoeSteelerFan; 03-13-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSteelerFan View Post
    I've got news for you friend. Roethlisbergers' entire game has been predicated on his ability to elude the pass rush, extend plays, and play pull-it-out-of-your-*** sand-lot football. Ben's not getting any younger and certainly isn't getting any faster. If you didn't notice his game changed last year then you weren't paying attention. Ben better learn to adapt to Haley's quick decision, quick release system or he's going to fail miserably.
    yea, did you notice he was having an MVP caliber season and playing the best football of his career before he got injured?

When you start to unload starting players that have been fixtures in the organization for the better part of a decade, YOU'RE RE-TOOLING (aka Rebuilding). The discernible difference between rebuilding and retooling that you eluded to is the fact that players, coaches, and systems/schemes are being replaced. You'll have a hard time convincing anyone that they're not.
    retooling and rebuilding aren't the same thing. do you need a dictionary?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    [QUOTE=Harrison92;540817]

Setback? Perhaps. Rebuilding? No. Steelers were 5 or 6 plays away from going 12-4.

Now we seem to be closer to 4-12 than
    12-4
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Starter
    I've got news for you friend. Roethlisbergers' entire game has been predicated on his ability to elude the pass rush, extend plays, and play pull-it-out-of-your-*** sand-lot football.
    Actually it's not.

Our record this year will depend on this draft and our picks from last year. Decastro and Adams need to stay healthy. Will Ta'amu make the team? Can Spence return?

When I try to think what Colbert is thinking........he has got to have C Allen opposite Ike this year....let Lewis walk unless the $$ for him is not there. Then we draft a CB to take over in a year or 2. We need so much that its hard to figure out which way to turn.
    Colbert said our RB situation needed to improve. Now we have Dwyer, Redman and Batch? I hope we get Montee Ball in the draft. Would not surprise me to see us grab one of the 2 top TE's in R1. Then go Safety or CB in R2. RB in R3.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSteelerFan View Post
    I've got news for you friend. Roethlisbergers' entire game has been predicated on his ability to elude the pass rush, extend plays, and play pull-it-out-of-your-*** sand-lot football. Ben's not getting any younger and certainly isn't getting any faster. If you didn't notice his game changed last year then you weren't paying attention. Ben better learn to adapt to Haley's quick decision, quick release system or he's going to fail miserably. Ben better break his Arians day habits of undisciplined rag-tag football, and learn to play more like Brady or he will have stats like he did in SBXL when he **** the bed.
    How fast was Luck at the top of the sack count stat... Arians leaving saved his hide.. Good luck to Kolb..
    Ben needs to have a solid OL now as he gets older, Brady has a bad knee and really cant run yet he is a god..
    Ben needs a solid pocket and he will destroy for a few more years.
    He needs a pair of great TE's Ben has the receivers for his range.... Brady doesnt use a long ball.. Ben misses half the time anyway going to Wallace..

We need a FA ILB and draft an TE, OLB, S, WR, RB, ILB, OL

If we get a great ILB in the draft, then we trade the other ILB from FA to someone in September after an injury and pick up a nice draft pick...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    This team will be fine. 13-3. If healthy. They just need to reload and get to it.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Thread Information