Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding!

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Rebuilding!

Hey guys, fairly new here although I've been reading for awhile and a fan of the Steelers since their 3rd SB win (I was born in 70').

We are paying the price for some bad GM decisions over the past few seasons. Omar has done a great job in getting us under the cap but let's be real here, we are beginning to rebuild again. Yes, we do have a playoff team if we can remain healthy but we are not a SB team as the team sits now. Last year's draft was a bust aside from DeCastro. Jury is out on Adams and if Spence can make a full return. Countless threads are up about recent drafts, graded positions, etc. . .I'm very interested in seeing how we draft this year and how we play the FA market. It's a big year for us as we begin to search for locker room leadership and players to fill the voids of those who have left and/or retired.

its more like upper tier maintenance rather than rebuilding...look at some of the teams that are rebuilding or have been for 50 years, the steelers arent one of them

No rebuilding would mean: Polamalu, Miller, Clark, Kiesel, Hampton, Foote, Taylor, Starks, Colon, Foster and they players they've already cut/released would all be gone. This is a team who can no longer afford the luxury of allowing aging vets to stick around when they arent playing up to their contract. IMO, they waited too long. Not being able to lock up players like K. Lewis and Wallace, while they are still reaching their primes is a direct product of this. They should have extended both players the day they became everydown contributors!

Assistant Coach
    you are never rebuilding when you have a franchise QB

But when you are in cap hell because you did what was necessary to keep a super bowl team together as long as possible, then it does become necessary to endure a year or 2 of "re-tooling"
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Banned
    We don't use our franchise QB. And we "value" him by continuing to let his receivers walk.

Now Keenan Lewis is supposedly going to the Browns. So Dick LeBeau had him sit for 3 years to pay his dues and then plays one year and leaves.

Which is why Dick LeBeau shouldn't be here anymore.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    No rebuilding would mean: Polamalu, Miller, Clark, Kiesel, Hampton, Foote, Taylor, Starks, Colon, Foster and they players they've already cut/released would all be gone. This is a team who can no longer afford the luxury of allowing aging vets to stick around when they arent playing up to their contract. IMO, they waited too long. Not being able to lock up players like K. Lewis and Wallace, while they are still reaching their primes is a direct product of this. They should have extended both players the day they became everydown contributors!
    Troy isn't the same guy anymore, can't stay healthy. Miller is still a weapon. Clark is getting older, Kiesel as well. Hampton is gone after this year. Foote is a fill in. Taylor is old. Starks is on again off again. Colon may be released and Foster is serviceable. Perhaps "rebuild" is the wrong term for Steeler Country but we are in need of some building here. Again, has to be a GOOD draft for us.

Waterboy
    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2NCtsWS5h

Cook says we aren't rebuilding but says we are built to win NOW. I would agree with the latter which makes me point to the former.

1 or 2 impact players in this draft will go a long way for the teams long term status

Rebuilding!

I blame some **** poor drafts and Tomlin's stubborn ish ways!

Fn injuries don't help either!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    1 or 2 impact players in this draft will go a long way for the teams long term status
    Colbert hasn't been coming up with many impact players lately.

Thread Information