Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Steelers over pay for Brown?

Bookmark and Share

Did Steelers over pay for Brown?

Did they? Time will tell!!

Yes, they over paid for Antonio Brown. Thats what you do with young talent. IMO, they handled Brown like the should have handled Wallace 2 years ago, IE: Pay a young, promising player what you HOPE will be a bargain in the future. People can hate Mike Wallace all they want. Fact of the matter is: He produced... in a BIG way. Early and often!!! And right now is his chance to cash in on that! The league hasnt had too many WR's produce the way Mike Wallace did in his first 3 years. And his one "down" year was STILL pretty productive! I love how Steeler fans have this mold that someone in a Steelers uniform is supposed to fit into and when they don't... they are the biggest goats in town. It's homer-ism at its finest! NFL,NHL,NBA,MLB...etc players get paid to MILLIONS to play a childs game, get over it! Mike Wallace earns a contract based on performance and potential: which has been as good as almost any WR's thus far. Saying things like: "whats the difference between $7 mil and $8 mil?!?!" completely baffles me. Imagine if you were paid by performance. And you went to work and out performed the 4 people that worked with you on a daily basis, year in and year out. Wouldnt you expect to get paid more than they did AND before they did?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Not really on either side of the fence on this but when wallace held out like he did... AB's contract became a big F.U.

Everyone is throwing stats around, but AB hasnt started as many games as Wallace so the stats should be skewed.

Im interested to see how AB does now that he is #1 without a doubt. I wonder if he can achieve similar numbers to last year.
    his TD production would be less than half of wallaces if you do that, way less than half actually.

I never want to see him have to be the #1 guy, thats a horrible idea....they need to bring someone in, even if a rookie isnt the #1 right away they need someone to come in and be on deck for that position because yes they absolutely over paid for brown, now he needs to show that hes better than the deal he signed

The thought of Brown and Sanders as 1 & 2, with no AJ Green/Julio Jones potential rookie (Coradelle Patterson would be the closest thing IMO) makes me sick! It really does.

Banned
    He shouldnt be making any more than 7mill per season. I stuck up for Wallace and justgot tired of defending him as the season went along because we all knew it was going to be his last season, well we mostly thought it'd be his last.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Of course it was an fu to Wallace! I like brown, but I think the steelers overpaid him.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If Brown man's up and comes in with a workman like attitude; leadership attitude and steps it up, then the money will be well spent. Because Ben will be looking to him big time now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    IF AB does this, IF AB does that.......... The Steelers overpaid him, and most fans that were for it was because they had a hard on against Wallace.

I would have much rather had the Steelers overpay for the actual production of Wallace than overpay for the hope that AB will produce one day.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The money was spent on AB for what he's going to do in the future. Not for what he did in the past.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The money was spent on AB for what he's going to do in the future. Not for what he did in the past.
    Which is EXACTLY why he is and always will be overpaid. He had his big chance to step up last year, and spit the bit.

Thread Information