Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Steelers over pay for Brown?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    5 year, $42.5 mil is not exactly first WR money anyway... Its a bit much for a good 2nd, but its not by much in my book. Wallace will get a much much bigger contract somewhere this year. In that discussion, Browns contract really did not matter in regards to Wallace, because he was never ever going to even read the paper that suggested that kind of money.
    6 years, 42.5

six years
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Veteran
    The Steelers didn't give Brown the money as an FU to Wallace. They gave Brown the money knowing that they'd never be able to resign Wallace (due to his demands) and they didn't want to get into a situation where they wound up losing Wallace and Brown in back to back years.

That being said, Brown really needs to step up his game to be worthy of that money.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 03-09-2013 at 10:03 PM.

A google search only gave me articles which said 5 years, but it hardly matters in the given context; if the contract is running through 6 years it just emphasize me point.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Veteran
    It was a 5 year extension when he had 1 year left. So the total deal was 6 years. That allowed the signing bonus to be prorated over an additional year.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    A google search only gave me articles which said 5 years, but it hardly matters in the given context; if the contract is running through 6 years it just emphasize me point.
    6 yrs / 43.04
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    i think it was a bit of both. but i think the steelers and wallace both knew that he wasn't getting resigned.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

I guess if he continues to develop it would be a great bargain. Don't get me wrong. I love Brown and Wallace. I know Brown is a hard worker too. I don't see why so many Steeler fans are disrespectful to Wallace though. There is no proof he said any of the stuff the media said he wanted. If I'm correct he only missed 1 game in his career with the Steelers too. Everyone drops passes. I would rather have a player drop a pass instead of catching it and then fumbling like Sanders and Brown did a few times lol Hope we can draft a real #1 receiver though.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlitzBurghx View Post
    I guess if he continues to develop it would be a great bargain. Don't get me wrong. I love Brown and Wallace. I know Brown is a hard worker too. I don't see why so many Steeler fans are disrespectful to Wallace though. There is no proof he said any of the stuff the media said he wanted. If I'm correct he only missed 1 game in his career with the Steelers too. Everyone drops passes. I would rather have a player drop a pass instead of catching it and then fumbling like Sanders and Brown did a few times lol Hope we can draft a real #1 receiver though.
    Wake up dude! If this guy wanted to earn his keep he should have had a stand out year and showed up for training camp. You want big money, play like it! This guy clearly played half assed all season.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

I would. But the problem is not everyone thinks like that any more. These players see other players hold out and get paid so they think its ok to do it too. Sad, but true. I would understand if they were making 100 bucks a game, but they are making thousands that add up to millions. Wallace isn't the first player to hold out. And wont be the last

Draft Pick
    Some of these guys make crazy money! I dont see how you can hold out though i mean holy crap how do i live on 5 million dollars this year instead of 6 .. dont get me wrong thats alot of money but these guys make crazy bank playing a game. Not to mention endorsements and the doors that are opened for them after their career. I really dont see how i could make millions last for the rest of my life and not have to work again....what a joke

Thread Information