Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It turns out...

Bookmark and Share
    unrelated but Leodis Mckelvin just signed a 4 year $20 million extension, thats about where id stand on keenan allen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    you had haden #2 over suh and berry? get out of here lol
    I had Berry #3, and had McCoy (#4) over Suh (#7)
    I had JPP #6 (Dion Jordan this year)
    But... I had Derrick Morgan #5... so... not always perfect lol

i admittedly hated revis, i hate revis and carriker so much that year as the steelers pick but he was #2 to me. I thought haden was #1 by default because of a painfully average CB class he came out of but hes exceeded what i thought he was.

How I'd rank them from 2003-Now as prospects:

1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Antonio Cromartie (the dude had it all, if not for his knee injury he would have been among the top picks)
    3. Deangelo Hall
    4. Pacman Jones
    5. Terrence Newman
    6. Morris Claiborne
    7. Leodis Mckelvin (again, this is ignoring the fact that he actually sucks)
    8. Marcus Trufant
    9. Janoris Jenkins (had him slightly below Claiborne...but obviously where he was going was a crap shoot, but above haden)
    10. Leon Hall
    11. Antrelle Rolle
    12. Darrelle Revis
    13. Dee Milliner
    14. Joe Haden
    15. Xavier Rhodes
    16. Dunta Robinson
    17. Carlos Rogers
    18. Malcolm Jenkins
    19. Stephen Gilmore
    20. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

something like that.

Honestly i had earl thomas ranked higher as a CB than haden that year
    It would be difficult for me to quickly go back and put together a list spanning a decade.

I think your list highlights how wrong the general consensus is a lot of the time

Banned
    unrelated but Leodis Mckelvin just signed a 4 year $20 million extension, thats about where id stand on keenan allen
    you mean Keenan Lewis.

I'd be comfortable adding an additional year... and bumping into the 6 per range. But I'd want the guaranteed money to be about the same, and I'd like to see the deal backloaded to prevent against stalled growth

Banned
    Antonio Cromartie did not "have it all". He's among the worst tacklers, and softest CBs in the league. He's an excellent cover man, but a horrible liability

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I had Berry #3, and had McCoy (#4) over Suh (#7)
    I had JPP #6 (Dion Jordan this year)
    But... I had Derrick Morgan #5... so... not always perfect lol

It would be difficult for me to quickly go back and put together a list spanning a decade.

I think your list highlights how wrong the general consensus is a lot of the time
    lol you lost perfect with bradford #1

not really a general consensus list, im not shy about putting cromartie and jenkins higher than they probably should be.

I love Rhodes, like i think hes really great but its tough to put him above some of those guys thinking back to how good they were....he really does relate best to nnamdi, who was a late first round pick and for good reason

The problem with that is: Why would he sign that deal now, 24 hours before he hits the open market? He could prob get a better deal than the McKelvin/BUF deal on the open market! Stanford Routt has signed 2 deals worth 10 mil/year!!! The money is out there for a young, up and coming CB.

you mean Keenan Lewis.

I'd be comfortable adding an additional year... and bumping into the 6 per range. But I'd want the guaranteed money to be about the same, and I'd like to see the deal backloaded to prevent against stalled growth
    yeah lewis, just got drafting WRs on my mind
    Antonio Cromartie did not "have it all". He's among the worst tacklers, and softest CBs in the league. He's an excellent cover man, but a horrible liability
    Yeah he turned out to be one of the softer CBs...but back when he declared and ran a 4.4 on a still rehabbing knee, he wasnt coming off as a pussy. As far as range, length, speed, change of direction, ball skills, and return ability he was unreal. Tackling is brushed off if you have a guy with all of the above.

but hes solid, not spectacular like i thought he'd be.

i forgot vontae davis too...seriously thats a tough list lol

Banned
    lol you lost perfect with bradford #1

not really a general consensus list, im not shy about putting cromartie and jenkins higher than they probably should be.

I love Rhodes, like i think hes really great but its tough to put him above some of those guys thinking back to how good they were....he really does relate best to nnamdi, who was a late first round pick and for good reason
    What really sucks... is knowing how ****ing good Rhodes is going to be and simultaneously, needing to acknowledge that with the Lebeau scheme staying in place... Rhodes isn't a good fit.

He needs to be a "man on an island", M2M, outside press corner.
    And in that role, he's going to be one of the best.

oh hes the perfect press man corner, hed be wasted so bad here under the current scheme.

He wont make it past tampa, hes built for schianos defense

edit: forgot prince too....all in all, making a list like that is a nightmare lol
    Last edited by K Train; 03-11-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    and don't get me wrong... right now, Milliner is the better overall player. He's more polished, more versatile in coverage, and a better defender against the run. That's all obvious on tape.

But when putting together a board, and deciding which player to draft, you should be looking at the big picture.... there needs to be some form of projection in your analysis.

I project Rhodes to be a dominant shut down corner. Same as I felt about Revis.
    Just like I project Dion Jordan to be a dominant play disruptor. Same as I felt about JPP

Thread Information