Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Troy should have restructured.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree he had no business on special teams against the Titans when Algee Crumpler took out his knee. Still a border line dirty play in my book, but why have your all-world safety on the field for extra point and field goal attempts?
    Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 03-09-2013 at 06:21 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Lets be honest. Troy needs to take a paycut to help the team(not keep james). Ike needs to take a paycut, or be cut if we can resign Keenan Lewis. I believe Troy will play 1-2 more years and this is Ike's last year with the Steelers. However if both take a paycut of half for their last two years they'll retire Steelers/ Plus that cut in pay gives The Steelers more room to reload the team with much needed Free agents. Like Brad Jones,Erin Henderson or Larry Grant. La'rod Stephens Howling or Justin Forsett,Craig Dahl or Jamarca Sanford.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Troy is on the last year of his contract right?.........But Troy has never been one of my favorites so **** Troy....lol

Another Troy bashing thread? Its ok, soon all the old players will be cut. Anticipate another 7-9 season
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Another Troy bashing thread? Its ok, soon all the old players will be cut. Anticipate another 7-9 season
    "Another" would imply that we've had one in recent years. Tomlin has never been under 8-8, so there is that....
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Another? We haven't had a losing season since Ben was drafted. And if he's healthy, we won't have one next year. People are so ready to give up on this team but if we've learned anything it should be that, with a healthy Ben we'll always be in the mix. He's been able to win with poor supporting casts on offense his entire career. Now with the talent we have on the offensive line, if they can stay healthy, which is clearly a big if, they will most likely be the best group he's had since his first couple years (Marvel Smith, Faneca, Hartings, Kendall Simmons, Max Starks).

We lack a #1 receiver and a competent starting RB, both of which I expect to be addressed this offseason. I don't know about anyone else, but with the potential of that offensive line, I honestly believe we'd make due with even stopgap players at those positions. Though they clearly need to be addressed.

And yes the defense clearly has its holes, but they were still #1 in total defense. We desperately need a starting ROLB and Buck ILB, but really every other position has a competent starter, at least for this year (again, when healthy and of the coaching staff would get their heads out of their asses and start Heyward over Hood). The depth on defense is ****** (most notably at safety) and we are lacking the "next guy", but we have a much better starting situation than a lot of other teams on defense. And you know what those other teams don't have? Ben.

Again, the D is competent enough. We've been spoiled with elite/legendary defenses so the drop, though large, is not catastrophic. As long as we have a healthy Ben we have a chance.
    Last edited by Big T; 03-09-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    I'm not bashing Troy. But I think he should have been the first guy to restructure. Troy has been a great player in the past, just like Harrison. But a time comes when you must realize your value. Ben, brown, Woodley and Timmons all restructured. Tom Brady did for NE. Troy is never healthy and isn't the impact he once was.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    When we were we 7-9?
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Troy should have restructured.

Troy deserves to be blasted, he sucked last year and cannot stay healthy, I love it keep blasting!!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Troy deserves to be blasted, he sucked last year and cannot stay healthy, I love it keep blasting!!
    Troy sucked because he was hurt.. you could clearly see that he improved in the last games he played... same with harrison. Shouldve gave troy some deer antler **** and he wouldve been back in a week amped up

Thread Information