Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troy should have restructured.

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry

Troy should have restructured.

I mean come on, this guy hasn't played a whole season since when? He,s good for what, 5 games a year?
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

Troy should have restructured.

I don't think Troy taking less money would have helped us keep James but I do agree Troy needs to do something to help since his on field play is not helping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Addicted
    only reason why ****ing people love is because he's a stupid islander with ****ing fluffy hair.

he's long gone since 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    James wouldn't restructure either.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Is he next?

Banned
    He played all 16 games in 11-12 and 14 in 10-11 when he won DPOY. Let's chill on the hyperboles shall we? It's crazy how an injury riddled year makes people forget that. He f*cked up his knee in 2009 on special teams (which he shouldnt have been in on) and he had an injury riddled 2012. **** happens. Dude missed 2 total games from 2010-2012.

And some on here need to know the difference between restructuring (not losing money just changing up exactly when you get that money), and taking a pay cut (as in taking less money than you and the organization agreed upon when you signed a contract) like they were asking James Harrison to do.

That's why I never understood why people bashed holdouts so much. Especially in the Mike Wallace situation when he didn't even have a contract. People say "you signed a contract, abide by it" or "respect the contract you signed" or something about loyalty, when the fact of the matter is, it's a two way street. A "contract" means nothing to a team when they feel like you don't deserve it anymore. They ask you to take a pay cut or they cut you (ie James Harrison). How is that respecting a contract or abiding by it? That's exactly why players like Mike Wallace hold out (which he technically wasn't under contract) for more guaranteed money. The fact is, outside of that guaranteed money the rest of the contract doesn't mean ****. Fans in general have this idea that a player should be "loyal" since they "signed a contract" when the organization can just tear it up whenever try want.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's why I never understood why people bashed holdouts so much. Especially in the Mike Wallace situation when he didn't even have a contract. People say "you signed a contract, abide by it" or "respect the contract you signed" or something about loyalty, when the fact of the matter is, it's a two way street. A "contract" means nothing to a team when they feel like you don't deserve it anymore. They ask you to take a pay cut or they cut you (ie James Harrison). How is that respecting a contract or abiding by it? That's exactly why players like Mike Wallace hold out (which he technically wasn't under contract) for more guaranteed money. The fact is, outside of that guaranteed money the rest of the contract doesn't mean ****. Fans in general have this idea that a player should be "loyal" since they "signed a contract" when the organization can just tear it up whenever try want.
    It's called Americanism.

You have a lot of idiots in your country. Only reason why i didn't bash Hines is that he actually did something with his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like Troy but his production and speed has dropped off the last couple of seasons so he should restructure and if not maybe it is time to let him go as well IMHO.

Roethlisberger, Woodley, Timmons, Taylor, safety Troy Polamalu and linebacker James Harrison accounted for 60 percent of Pittsburgh's salary cap in 2013 before the latest round of restructuring.
    Last edited by SuperSteelers; 03-09-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    I think Troy will be here this year, but that's it. He's hurt almost every year. I just don't see the steelers having all this money tied up in him at this point in his career. I'm not a Troy hater, but just a realist.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He played all 16 games in 11-12 and 14 in 10-11 when he won DPOY. Let's chill on the hyperboles shall we? It's crazy how an injury riddled year makes people forget that. He f*cked up his knee in 2009 on special teams (which he shouldnt have been in on) and he had an injury riddled 2012. **** happens. Dude missed 2 total games from 2010-2012.

And some on here need to know the difference between restructuring (not losing money just changing up exactly when you get that money), and taking a pay cut (as in taking less money than you and the organization agreed upon when you signed a contract) like they were asking James Harrison to do.

Holy sh!t. Some common sense here.

Thread Information