Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: harrison saying good bye through facebook

Bookmark and Share

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Thanks for the memories, Silver-back! From the early TD return against Buffalo to the Cleveland Brown fan spike to the greatest play in Super Bowl history.

Now who will Goodell fine?
    Yep, and i agree....

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Lets be honest... Track record has the steelers being pretty good judges of not keeping vet talent around, especially LBs.

This is no different from Porter being cut, everyone was up in arms and things worked out fine. The truth is hes 34 and had a bum knee and has had a horrible back for several years now.

Its part of the business, everyone says we were too old. Time to usher in a new era. If i were keisel, troy and clark id be nervous about my job now... Maybe this will help our team get that chip back on their shoulder again.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

I for one was hoping that he was going play for the Steelers this year; And maybe if he can't find any takers out there, he could still come back. But based off the last two years, (ONLY) he wasn't worth 10 million this year.

BUT based on his career, he will go down as one of the ALL TIME Steelers great: The INT in Super Bowl XLIII (Priceless)

Draft Pick
    Thanks for the memories James. I still hold out hope he can come back on a renegotiated contract.

I lost my **** when the INT happened in 43...

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Lets be honest... Track record has the steelers being pretty good judges of not keeping vet talent around, especially LBs.

This is no different from Porter being cut, everyone was up in arms and things worked out fine. The truth is hes 34 and had a bum knee and has had a horrible back for several years now.

Its part of the business, everyone says we were too old. Time to usher in a new era. If i were keisel, troy and clark id be nervous about my job now... Maybe this will help our team get that chip back on their shoulder again.
    Pretty much this. I like James Harrison an awful lot, but it was time.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Draft Pick
    Thought it would work out... not very happy about it but its the biz.. what concerns me is who is going to fill this void and if you name one of the guys on the roster already, ill consider bashing my head into the wall

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    I'm a fan of the pittsburgh steelers, not of individual players. I'm for making this team a playoff/super bowl contender again. So you peeps who I'm not a fan because no ward or no Harrison aren't real fans. what did Greg Lloyd ever do after he left the steelers? How about Levon Kirkland? Yancey Thigpen? what about Barry foster? Yeah Woodson had some productive years as a safety, but not cb when he was a steeler. Sometimes you have to move forward. Harrison gave us some great memories and will always be a steeler in my book.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

harrison saying good bye through facebook

This was the right move, honestly should of been let go last year when he opted for a late surgery!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Why? He will sign elsewhere I am sure. He may even be back the rate we bring players back.
    IMO he will not get as much from another team than what we offered him.

So the Steelers let go of the player who helped them win 2 sb....why not Troy-injured all year- polamalu..efffff colbert
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Thread Information