Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly does Tomlin bring to the team?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

What exactly does Tomlin bring to the team?

I see everyone wanting to lynch LeBeau, but wasn't Tomlin supposed to be a defensive head coach?

Roethlisberger was great before Tomlin and still is. The offensive line was sucking before Tomlin and still does. The running game was deteriorating before Tomlin and still is. The secondary sucked before Tomlin and still does. The defense overall was very good before Tomlin and now they suck. Special teams sucked before Tomlin and still does. The team overall played fairly organized before Tomlin and now they look sloppy and out of place a lot of the time and commit a large number of penalties.

What exactly has actually improved under Tomlin?

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Mostly b.s. quotes like "Unleash hell" or his standard presser statement,"It is what it is".
    Things have stayed stagnant under Tomlin,while Cowher's team has grown old and was
    never improved upon in key areas.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Not really that much at this point. I know that Tomlin has been to two Super Bowls and won 1 of them, but he has also missed the playoffs once and has had two early first round exits in the playoffs as well. Time will tell if Mike Tomlin is truly going to be able to lead this team to another Super Bowl victory down the road because the way things stand right now it doesnt look all that great...

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    I don't know, but I would not want cowher back. Got really tired of billy ball. Took him 14 years to win a sb.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

The sunglasses
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    I don't know, but I would not want cowher back. Got really tired of billy ball. Took him 14 years to win a sb.
    Took him 13 years to get a good quarterback on the team. I guess he can be faulted for that. Although he was too busy filling out other positions as a result of working for a front office that allowed players to leave as if there was a tree that grew great players planted in the back of Three Rivers Stadium.

What exactly does Tomlin bring to the team?

It was a bad loss yes.. I personally think we played too soft on defense. Tomlin should of seen this being the HC and made changes. I personally think he's a shitass HC.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Tomlin brought this team to 2 superbowls in his first 4 years. Teams can have bad days or even bad seasons under good head coaches. Not everything is his fault.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Tomlin brought this team to 2 superbowls in his first 4 years. Teams can have bad days or even bad seasons under good head coaches. Not everything is his fault.
    That was Cowher's team. A giraffe could've coached that team. He was only able to put up 13 offensive points on the team that was 28th in the league in points allowed. If it wasn't for a heroic last-minute drive by the star quarterback he inherited and an amazing catch by a receiver he inherited, then he would have two Superbowl appearances and two losses with one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Nope. We loss to a team we should've beat. That one game obviously trumps the last 5 years of, mostly, success. Tomlin could coach this team for another 20 years and after a bad loss fans would still say its Cowher's team.

Thread Information