Thread: Adrian Wilson anyone??

Bookmark and Share

Adrian Wilson anyone??

Arizona Cardinals' Adrian Wilson among big-name cuts

By Marc Sessler

Published: March 08, 2013 at 7:45 AM PST

Modified: March 08, 2013 at 10:33 AM PST

Welcome to the silly season.

Teams around the league are chopping down rosters and dumping salaries ahead of the NFL's three-day negotiating period for unrestricted free agents, which launches at 12:00 a.m. ET Saturday. Here's a quick look at some of the bigger names released as free agency nears.

Adrian Wilson , Safety, Arizona Cardinals : Wilson, a five-time Pro Bowl er, spent the past 12 seasons in Arizona after the Cardinals made him their third-round pick in 2001. At 33, his starting days might be over, but it's not implausible that Wilson -- now part of a strong group of free-agent defensive backs -- will catch on with another club.

Dawan Landry , Safety, Jacksonville Jaguars : The team's starting safety was released Friday after signing a five-year, $27.5 million deal with the Jaguars in 2011. It's clear Gus Bradley is rebooting the machine in a secondary that ranked 22nd against the pass last season.

Aaron Ross , Cornerback, Jaguars : More changes for the Jags. Ross was released by the team Friday just one season into the three-year, $9.75 million contract he signed in 2012. That leaves Kevin Rutland and Mike Harris as the only corners under contract in Jacksonville.

Chris Gamble , Cornerback, Carolina Panthers : The team announced the move Friday. Gamble's release saves Carolina $7.9 million against the salary cap , according to reports. Gamble turns 30 on Monday ... Happy Birthday?

Atari Bigby , Safety, San Diego Chargers : The Chargers signed the seven-year veteran during the 2012 offseason, but his campaign was hampered by a groin injury that landed him on injured reserve. Bigby finished fourth on the team in total tackles with 79.

Bobbie Williams , Guard, Baltimore Ravens : The Ravens on Friday terminated the contract of guard Bobbie Williams , who was due $1.2 million this season. The 37-year-old veteran battled an ankle injury this year and started just six games.

We'll continue to update this trail of tears, so stay tuned.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL .
    "Happy Happy Happy"

First of all, he's a big name so it won't happen lol. Secondly, what happened to getting younger on defense? Dude is 33, two years older than Troy.

Veteran
    Adrian Wilson is 33. I don't see how this helps the team, to sign a guy that has 1, maybe 2 years left (and will spend much of that time learning the system.) I'd much rather resign Keenan Lewis than any of these guys.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am seeing a lot of DBs released this year. This could bode well for our chances of resigning Keenan Lewis.

Adrian Wilson anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I am seeing a lot of DBs released this year. This could bode well for our chances of resigning Keenan Lewis.
    True, very true..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    he's a very big name, arguably just as good as troy was back in the day. he was awesome at sacking ********s like flacco and brady.

he's 33 tho, wouldn't see the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Wilson is too much $.

Tons of DBs on the market, hope it helps us keep Keenan Lewis (but i doubt it)
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Has there been any report on Troy's health??? I want to know where he is medically right now. I'm tired of having to wait on him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Has there been any report on Troy's health??? I want to know where he is medically right now. I'm tired of having to wait on him.
    i hear that one...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Hopefully he is not working out with Marinovich.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information