Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: K Train's Steeler Mock 2.0

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    don't see much difference with pick 17 and pick 31 with eddie lacy. at the end of the day if he's selected he's selected, goes with every prospect considered for the first round.

we don't desperately need a wide receiver because we have sanders and browns. while nobody is happy with these two, a first round isn't needed.

if menendehall leaves town, that leaves us with dwyer and redman, so its obviously a position of need.

OLB we could have woodley and worilds. both 2nd round picks.

I can only see us taking safety or running back at 17.

my picks would be lacy or vacarro unless someone like bingo falls.
    The Difference is picking up that extra pick or two adds to the overall value. Lacy or any RB in this draft, IMHO isnt worth the 17th overall, nor is any TE. I say we DO desparately need a WR and if Patterson is there at 17 (and assuming Jones, Mingo, Ansah, Jordan etc. are all gone) thats the best value pick in my lil scenerio.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    The Difference is picking up that extra pick or two adds to the overall value. Lacy or any RB in this draft, IMHO isnt worth the 17th overall, nor is any TE. I say we DO desparately need a WR and if Patterson is there at 17 (and assuming Jones, Mingo, Ansah, Jordan etc. are all gone) thats the best value pick in my lil scenerio.
    They say the issue with Patterson is his football intelligence, it's lacking. I'd take Allen,Hopkins,Hunter and yes TE Tyler Eifert who may have the better hands than them all. Eifert is a large Redzone target that Ben's been craving. Once Miller is healed we have a better 1-2 punch than Gronk & Hernandez.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Wouldnt surprise me to see Jones play ILB... Im sure that wont go over well on here.

Are we in line for any comp picks? When do those get announced?
    I dont think they'd put Jones at the buck with his kneck issue but staying at OLB shouldn't concern them. However, They could move Timmons to Buck and Jones to Mack. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a proven player thats on the team be the leader of that Defense like Timmons?

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    They say the issue with Patterson is his football intelligence, it's lacking. I'd take Allen,Hopkins,Hunter and yes TE Tyler Eifert who may have the better hands than them all. Eifert is a large Redzone target that Ben's been craving. Once Miller is healed we have a better 1-2 punch than Gronk & Hernandez.
    please tell me you were just using hyperbole... and don't actually believe that a rookie and a 31 yr old veteran coming off a torn ACL would be a better TE combo than 2 of the 4 best TEs in the NFL...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I like Eifert and Miller is damn good but noway those two are better then Gronk and Hernandez........

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I like Eifert and Miller is damn good but noway those two are better then Gronk and Hernandez........
    Why not... Gronk is always hurt... If they are better.. i'll take the second best duo with Ben at QB...

KTrain trading out of the first? Say it isn't so. lol, I think The Steelers can pickup more pieces that can contribute if the move back or trade out. However it depends on who's on the board at 17.
    I can also see 49ers coming up if Star L is still on the board or The Vikings coming up for Tavon Austin and trading Percy Harvin.
    KTrain, Would you trade for Percy Harvin? Trade = Swap first & Steelers 3rd for #23 & Harvin plus you need to pay him.
    no, id LOVE percy but he wouldnt get traded for by us...hed be a phenom in haleys offense but hes much too expensive. Id take Star in a heartbeat though, no pun intended
    Wouldnt surprise me to see Jones play ILB... Im sure that wont go over well on here.

Are we in line for any comp picks? When do those get announced?
    thats what that idiot wexell said, thats a horrible idea, jones is a 34 OLB through and through. He has the range to drop back from that position and hes comfortable enough in space, but drafting jones to play OLB in our defense is the opposite of drating timmons to play OLB in our defense...hes already built for it
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    i don't think hunter will be there at 48 and we don't need a center maybe a guard but i was impressed with beachum last year and i have him staring at left guard if colon is cut taylor is not my choice my 3rd round pick would be wreh -wilson to replace curtis brown who is becoming a bust
    if we get a center it is strictly with intentions of moving pouncey to guard...otherwise a guard will do just fine
    I have a man crush (outside the first rounders) on woods and swope
    i love them both
    Swope is like Hines with speed. I like him also.
    thats a weird comparison...hes a lot like holmes after the catch, he'll be a great slant go to guy and able to work the slot
    I like this draft a lot. I just dont see ANY way Jones falls to us. Too many teams could use an ELITE pass rusher. I understand the DeCastro-esk though process and i hope and pray that happens again. He is the ONLY front 7 defensive player i want at #17. Patterson would be my second favorite because i think thats a GREAT value pick. Im sorry but TE and RB would make me trow up at #17. I wouldnt hate Kenny Vaccaro at 17 but i dont think the value is there. ALOT of this depends on what happens with 92 over the next 4 days! Though, if Patterson and Jones are gone (and the other projected top 3 pass rushers) i would be contacting a team like Miami and or the 49ers. The Niners have very little at WR and may lose Gholston at Safety. If Vaccaro and/or Patterson are on the board we may benefit from a trade. I like the thought of an Eddie Lacy alot more at 31 (plus a second rounder???) than i do at 17!
    I like elam, amerson, and thomas in 2 more than i like vaccaro at 1. I dont want lacy all that much, sure if hes sitting there in 2....but i dont see the value in him as a first rounder. Bernard is the best back not named lattimore in the draft. I do think theres a chance Jones will be there, worst case scenrio is Jones, Jordan, and Mingo all being off the board which is totally possible, but then patterson, hunter, allen all come into play. Possibly star, cooper, warmack, eifert

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    don't see much difference with pick 17 and pick 31 with eddie lacy. at the end of the day if he's selected he's selected, goes with every prospect considered for the first round.

we don't desperately need a wide receiver because we have sanders and browns. while nobody is happy with these two, a first round isn't needed.

if menendehall leaves town, that leaves us with dwyer and redman, so its obviously a position of need.

OLB we could have woodley and worilds. both 2nd round picks.

I can only see us taking safety or running back at 17.

my picks would be lacy or vacarro unless someone like bingo falls.
    Worilds is soooo terrible. WR is a need, haley and ben both like bigger WRs and with heath being out that leaves them with midgets, not that it couldnt work because it certainly can...just the offense is going to be better with the addition of another WR to work in early. The difference between 17 and 31 is insane, i cant believe youd say it wasnt
    A TE because Miller has a knee injury and we don't know how he'll be when he comes back. I'm all for taking Eifert at 17, Tavon Austin or trading down and taking Lacy,Ertz or WR they really want like Woods.
    Austin just isnt a good fit. Woods is a good player, but hunter would be better. Eifert at 17 wouldnt bother me
    Ansah is a terrible fit, i would loathe that pick. I think patterson is long gone by 17 but hed be an awesome pick. I really really like mingo as a fit for our defense

He played JUCO for two years, theres a transition to make but his ability is very natural. Some cuts he makes for a 6-3 WR is insane
    I dont think they'd put Jones at the buck with his kneck issue but staying at OLB shouldn't concern them. However, They could move Timmons to Buck and Jones to Mack. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a proven player thats on the team be the leader of that Defense like Timmons?
    Jones would not be a MLB....what a disgusting waste that would be
    i think the production from the position would rival them if we had eifert and miller...it would be a nightmare. Neither are as athletic as hernandez or as gigantic as gronk but as far as pass catchers the production probably wouldnt be far off from a combined standpoint

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think so, i really don't think there's a much difference of talent after the first 12 or so picks afterwards its just them being busts or them fitting into the right team at the right time (mendenhall not, aldon smith yes).

WR isn't our biggest need, I still think it's RB because we have no viable starters. I wouldn't mind for them to look at Bush, Williams or Jackson though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Looking like LB in the first now.

Thread Information