Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K Train's Steeler Mock 2.0

Bookmark and Share

K Train's Steeler Mock 2.0

1. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

After seeing Decastro fall into our laps last season, heres the next best thing. Jarvis Jones is the best player in this draft, a borderline elite prospect. Would absolutely thrive in replacing harrison and be able to have much more range in coverage. He falls to 17, but the steelers shouldnt be shy on taking a shot on him. his spinal condition may be bothersome for him later on in his life, but that will happen regardless if he plays football or not. if hes good to go, we'll get some quality years out of him even if others were scared away/

Other Picks: Chance Warmack, Jon Cooper, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, Xavier Rhodes, Tyler Eifert, Barkevious Mingo, Kenny Vaccaro, DeAndre Hopkins

2. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

I absolutely love this pick. Hes 6-4, 200 pounds, with 4.4 speed. hes a big WR that ben craves, hes physical enough, and should be getting very comfortable on his knee. he was a top prospect before he got hurt and he was good last year, but you could see the hesitation on his knee. That passes with time. I LOVVVEEEE Patterson as a prospect, but i wouldnt be surprised in the littlest bit if Hunter is the better pro, and he was no slouch in workouts, even though Patterson was amazing.

Other Picks: Giovanni Bernard, Matt Elam, Shamarko Thomas, Davis Amerson, Robert Woods, Zach Ertz, Corey Lemonier, Manti Teo, Kevin Minter, Margus Hunt, Terrence Williams

3. Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

This is assuming mendenhall wont be brought back, but it fills a need and maybe can lift the run game out of the basement. he was productive at stanford, and he will welcome being reunited with Decastro as Decastro takes the next step.

Other Picks: TJ Mcdonald, Montee Ball, Dennard Robinson, Mike Gissellie, BW Webb, Brandon Jenkins, Chase Thomas

4. Brian Schwenke C Cal

This only works if they move Pouncey to Guard, which ive never been opposed to. hes a top 7 center, but would be a top 4 guard and it would take some stress of his ankles. Schwenke can move people off the line and has had a producitve career at a school with a decent pedigree

5. Landry Jones QB Oklahoma

Was a long time hater of his when he got any first round hype...just another OU QB, but still has good size, was accurate, and is experienced. Not the prospect he was supposed to be, but will be one hell of a backup with some starter potential.

6. Rontez Miles S Cal-PA

Hes a lock pick imo being all inked up with a steeler logo on his arm. Hes a little known player but they have a soft spot for players who were fans growing up (See: Mike Adams, one of my lock picks last year). Developmental safety prospect and a local product.

7. TJ Barnes DT Georgia Tech

Hes a mammoth AT 6-7 369, He lost weight from 378 and wants to play at 350...hes got some trouble with technique because hes so tall, but a late round flier could be worth it because he can certainly take up blockers once he starts to play lower and he can knock down passes. You take a flier on him because theres only a handful of people on the planet that big, see if he can be someone

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would be very happy with that draft..........Jones and Hunter would make me very happy......I really like Taylor and Schwenke.......I'm not the biggest fan of Landry Jones but its the 5th round so I would be down with taking a chance on a backup QB in the 5th......I have no problems with Miles and Barnes....6th and 7th rounds is where you take even more chances and if they pan out its a great or if they don't then really no harm done........

I enjoy your mocks every year so look forward to the next one......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I like it too, although I do not see Jones dropping to us in the first. NO needs a 3-4 guy in the worst way. I just saw a mock landing us Vaccaro (even with Warmack on the board) but I would rather trade down than take a safety in the first.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Fine
    Nice Mock, I'd like the Steelers to sign a FA QB and not have to draft one. I like Landry Jones. In The 5th I'd take Mike Muati or Rontez in 5, Muati in 6.

My Mood
    Addicted
    you really think jarvis jones is there at 17?
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Nice draft indeed, I like Cooper in the first and Minter in the second. I will try and get my updated draft out this weekend. Work has been a killer.

Assistant Coach

K Train's Steeler Mock 2.0

Positionally I love it

And you know I love the hunter and schwenke picks.

Regarding Jarvis... If he's the best player in thus draft and 16 GMs/scouts/medical staffs pass on him... That should speak volumes.

I don't think you can compare an OG falling from the projected teens into the 20s... To a pass rusher falling from top 3-5 to 17
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

My Mood
    Addicted
    It is a very good draft. I could live with it. Got to get mine done this weekend.

Ktrain i love the picks. Not sure we have a shot though in round 1... or #2 with those.

this round one from nfl.com

charles davis today!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...s-davis/165258

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Positionally I love it

And you know I love the hunter and schwenke picks.

Regarding Jarvis... If he's the best player in thus draft and 16 GMs/scouts/medical staffs pass on him... That should speak volumes.

I don't think you can compare an OG falling from the projected teens into the 20s... To a pass rusher falling from top 3-5 to 17
    i know you love patterson and hopkins i didnt know you were high on hunter.

If Jarvis falls its not neccesarily because he didnt pass medical checks, its more that the team is scared away that theres an issue to begin with. I feel like outside of the top 10 that risk begins to fall dramatically. At some point the reward outweighs the risk, hes a perfect fit and a great player. I have him rated as the top player, some arent so generous.

I like schwenke, im not opposed to warmack, cooper in 1 or frederick, jones in 2. We need one more piece at oline and that could be either a center or a guard.

Something I am seriously thinking could happen is a trade with the cardinals to get the 17th pick to get barkley. IF that happens i would say something like:

2. (Cardinals): Giovanni Bernard
    2. (Steelers): Justin Hunter
    3. Corey Lemonier
    4. Schwenke
    5. ...ect ect

Im so sold on Hunter after the combine

Thread Information