Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: Roethlisberger now 31

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #61
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    There lies the problem he has been hurt the last two season towards the later half. Why we didn't go far in the playoffs in 2011 and didn't make it in 12. I think we should go OL early one more time in this draft and then you got a good enough line to protect him the rest of his career.
    hell of an argument your making for taking Womack if he's there.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  2. #62
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Actually it was proven. The Ravens never went anywhere with their dink and dunk offense. In fact, their 2012 regular season offense was so successful they fired their OC.

    Then Jim Caldwell unleashed Joe Flacco and the deep ball when he took over.

    They won the Super Bowl, and Flacco's yards per attempt in this post season was a robust 9.05

    You lose.
    wrong argument.
    your argument about running and dumping off is incorrect as proven by running stats.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    WR screens are glorified running plays because we don't run wide.

    But like I said, until Haley goes and the next OC is allowed to do what he wants, we won't win.

  4. #64
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    WR screens are glorified running plays because we don't run wide.

    But like I said, until Haley goes and the next OC is allowed to do what he wants, we won't win.
    nice addition to your previous statement, this of course is to account for the Rooney conspiracy. nice
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  5. #65
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    hell of an argument your making for taking Womack if he's there.
    Thanks and if he is still there when they pick it would be a no brainer to me.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    nice addition to your previous statement, this of course is to account for the Rooney conspiracy. nice
    Rooney fired BA and hired Haley.

    Tomlin should be the one making those decisions.

    If Art wants to be the coach? Grab a head set.

  7. #67
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    WR screens are glorified running plays because we don't run wide.

    But like I said, until Haley goes and the next OC is allowed to do what he wants, we won't win.
    if the implication is that Rooney is dictating, and the OC can't do what he wants... then why do you blame Haley?

    your story is swiss cheese stupid
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    if the implication is that Rooney is dictating, and the OC can't do what he wants... then why do you blame Haley?
    For being a hen-pecked puppet.

    He should have had the balls to tell Art then, and most certainly NOW, that this BS caveman way of thinking does not work in Roger Goodell's NFL.

  9. #69
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    For being a hen-pecked puppet.

    He should have had the balls to tell Art then, and most certainly NOW, that this BS caveman way of thinking does not work in Roger Goodell's NFL.
    Wow... If we can field a full team without injuries, adjust the OL a bit, give ben a chance to scan the field right to left and back to right before getting clobbered, ben will destroy any team. then add the bonus of redman and dwyer getting into a play action rythm with ben and forget about it. haley will look like a godsend...
    toss will johnson in on a few anti blitz plays and we have an offense...

    Then have Harrison / Woodley play 30 games at 90% and we have a defense...

    done.. adjust with the draft... BPA build depth...

    we will win....

  10. #70
    2nd String DBR96A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Yeah that 60 yard pass to Wallace in that same game. What a lolly pop.
    That pass was terribly underthrown. Mike Wallace had two DBs beat deep, and they both caught up with him when he damn near had to stop to catch the ball.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Sheer brilliance from the golf coaching Yinzer.
    Yinzers aren't from suburbs with six-figure median household incomes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Are you going to delete your dumb comments about Haley KNOWING about Ben's lack of arm strength? Or are you going to continue to give that idiot a free pass?
    If Todd Haley knew about Roethlisberger's arm strength being a problem, then that explains why he called more running plays after Roethlisberger returned from his injury.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Wait a minute, the STATS in regulation in Dallas support ME.

    But somehow Ben didn't have arm strength?
    QBs who lack arm strength aren't going to underthrow every pass. They just won't be consistently accurate with the ball more than 10 yards downfield. Witness the terribly-underthrown deep TD pass to Mike Wallace. Witness also Peyton Manning's debacle against the Falcons early last season when his arm was at its weakest. And if their lack of arm strength is the result of an injury, then it's bound to fatigue faster as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And as soon as we get a lead in the 4th? We run the ball.
    Only when the game is a blowout.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Roethlisberger has much better day, however...
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 01:17 AM
  2. 1-On-1 With Ben Roethlisberger
    By StlersGuy in forum Steelers Pictures, Videos, & Songs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 06:44 PM
  3. Roethlisberger?
    By SteelerSteve in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •