Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #71
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    You'd be banned instantly on their POS page..
    Actually, they only tend to ban the $hitheads, thus you earned your boot.

  2. #72
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,590

    Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledeathfromabove View Post
    Actually, they only tend to ban the $hitheads, thus you earned your boot.
    Yep... I bet you 20 bucks I can fit my whole sack in your mouth, want to try?

  3. #73
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Alternatively you can just let him screw his Wife, who turns out to be his sister or daughter.
    What a highly intelligent gent you are with insults. I think you need a blueprint to build an idiot.

  4. #74
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Yep... I bet you 20 bucks I can fit my whole sack in your mouth, want to try?
    Well, that wouldn't be too difficult when your sack is composed of two jelly beans encased in a gummy worm.

  5. #75
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Why is it fans must belittle the opposition in praise of their own team?

    Flacco's team won the SB, dozens of others have done that before. That does not automatically mean your team just wins there on out. You know and I know the win means nothing for the next year. Based on stats and numbers, Ben is the better QB at this point. That might change, he is aging and getting beat up, but for now that is the case.

    The sad truth is, the Ravens' win means nothing come game one next year. Super Bowls are fleeting, and even the newly annointed Flacco is not immune. Too many Ravens fans act as if the Ravens are the best and only team to win the SB. Sheeesh, get over it.
    Your first line is utter irony when you look at Steeler fan postings on this website.

    Stats and numbers are just that - stats and numbers. If it was all stats and numbers then Rodgers and Brees would be winning Superbowl's every year. No one would watch NFL games if you could just predict everything on stats and numbers. They are a good reference point, yet there are far more intangibles than pure stats. The Ravens are certainly not the best team to have won the Superbowl. Yet, I think their playoff run was one of the most exciting in years. Give them their due. They are the current Superbowl champs. They may not win next season, but they will damn sure be difficult to beat.

  6. #76
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,590

    Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledeathfromabove View Post
    Well, that wouldn't be too difficult when your sack is composed of two jelly beans encased in a gummy worm.
    Cool, so yes??

  7. #77
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    994

    Talking

    If stats are not important, why is Flacco signing such a big contract? I guess they are not, he only has won a single SB after 5 years. It is not like he lit the league up. So don't bother quoting any other stats, or you will destroy your argument. What intangibles does Flacco have that are worth such money? I would argue that is his weakness, he has no intangible value. Intangibles don't have value, like it or not, stats do. Which leaves me scratching my head over this Flacco deal.

    He deserves money. Pretty big money. But really, that contract is ridiculous. Will the Ravens be productive? Sure. I don't think anyone in the league is worth that money. Nobody. For whatever, reason, Flacco is I guess.

    I respect the Ravens and Flacco. I agree with much of what you stated. They deserved their win. They earned their due. They will be difficult to beat. I have no argument over that. I still maintain stats drive contracts and decisions. I don't think that can be denied. One fact holds true, he better have the best stats in the league next year. He will need to up his game!

    One aspect of the Ravens I always respected is their ability to play as a team. Flacco, during the playoffs, took them to the next level. I always thought a monkey could take the Ravens into the playoffs they play together that well. I am not calling Flacco a monkey, I am saying that he finally got it together and lead his team.

    Anyway, all of this depends on our respective perspectives. Here is to perspective





    Quote Originally Posted by Purpledeathfromabove View Post
    Your first line is utter irony when you look at Steeler fan postings on this website.

    Stats and numbers are just that - stats and numbers. If it was all stats and numbers then Rodgers and Brees would be winning Superbowl's every year. No one would watch NFL games if you could just predict everything on stats and numbers. They are a good reference point, yet there are far more intangibles than pure stats. The Ravens are certainly not the best team to have won the Superbowl. Yet, I think their playoff run was one of the most exciting in years. Give them their due. They are the current Superbowl champs. They may not win next season, but they will damn sure be difficult to beat.

  8. #78
    2nd String 86WARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    641
    My Mood
    Pimp

    Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

    Turns out thanks to Maryland taxes, Flacco isn't the highest paid QB in the league...lol. Honor still goes to Drew Brees.

  9. #79
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19
    Honestly, if you were in Flacco's shoes after winning Superbowl MVP - what would you ask for?

    The Ravens do play as a team, and have multiple strengths across all defensive and offensive positions. However, you have to have a QB leader because they are no longer the dominant defense they were in the past. Offense is now the key. Many people say the same thing you do - how can you pay Flacco all that money - more than Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning? How can they not is what I ask? What universe are people living in that they think the Ravens can buy Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Manning and have them play for the Ravens? They either pay the man who has been a very good QB for them for the last 5 years or let him walk. There is no way they let him walk. This is a guy just hitting his prime that has shown he can take them all the way. Yes, all the way in TEAM play. He is one, if not the most, critical member of the team. At this juncture in time, I believe he is irreplaceable to the Ravens. Yea, next year will show whether he can live up to the contract numbers. Obviously, the top people in the Ravens FO believe he can, and they are not idiots, contrary to what people here may believe.

    Again, you place to much importance on stats. It doesn't matter if Flacco has the best pass completion ratio, etc...All that matters is winning the games that get your team to the playoffs. He doesn't need those huge stats because he has Ray Rice, etc on running that don't require the huge stats. Only stat that really matters is games won. Look that one up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    If stats are not important, why is Flacco signing such a big contract? I guess they are not, he only has won a single SB after 5 years. It is not like he lit the league up. So don't bother quoting any other stats, or you will destroy your argument. What intangibles does Flacco have that are worth such money? I would argue that is his weakness, he has no intangible value. Intangibles don't have value, like it or not, stats do. Which leaves me scratching my head over this Flacco deal.

    He deserves money. Pretty big money. But really, that contract is ridiculous. Will the Ravens be productive? Sure. I don't think anyone in the league is worth that money. Nobody. For whatever, reason, Flacco is I guess.

    I respect the Ravens and Flacco. I agree with much of what you stated. They deserved their win. They earned their due. They will be difficult to beat. I have no argument over that. I still maintain stats drive contracts and decisions. I don't think that can be denied. One fact holds true, he better have the best stats in the league next year. He will need to up his game!

    One aspect of the Ravens I always respected is their ability to play as a team. Flacco, during the playoffs, took them to the next level. I always thought a monkey could take the Ravens into the playoffs they play together that well. I am not calling Flacco a monkey, I am saying that he finally got it together and lead his team.

    Anyway, all of this depends on our respective perspectives. Here is to perspective
    Last edited by Purpledeathfromabove; 03-08-2013 at 01:40 PM.

  10. #80
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Cool, so yes??
    You are truly a sick puppy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers have 3 of the top 100 highest paid athletes
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
  2. Ben R Highest Paid Player in NFL
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •