Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Apparently not.

    What's hilarious now is MORE players are now questioning Goodell's power. Saying he has too much.

    They should have followed the Steelers players' lead. The Steelers players were the ONLY team, to a man, to vote down the new CBA, because of Goodell's power.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Ngata

    Oct 2009 - fined $5,000 for hit on Tom Brady
    Nov 2010 - fined $10,000 for hit on Chad Henne
    Dec 2010 - fined $15,000 for hit on Ben Roethlisberger
    Oct 2011 - fined $15,000 for hit on Mark Sanchez

    Never suspended. He also had another one in January 2012.

    Never sat.

    Ed Reed suspended this year. Then it was overturned. Then he was flagged again for a hit after that, and wasn't suspended then either.

    It's all just a coincidence. I wouldn't call this "hard evidence" at all, right?

  3. #63
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think its awesome....hes a fringe top 12 QB if rahim moore doesnt blow that play, i love the investment they are making in him
    Is that what you say every time he goes to Pittsburgh and beats you? Was it Raheem Moore who dropped the ball at new England last year, or returned two kickoffs in that Denver game to even keep the game close? You guys with your excuses.

    Besides the fact, the deal is extremely cap friendly. It's basically a 3 years deal worth 62 million, at which point it will undoubtedly be restructured, as just about every contract is- at which time the cap will probably be significantly higher.

    Do you guys recount the lucky breaks and calls you got on your Superbowl wins also? The calls versus Seattle. The ridiculous fumble return before halftime vs Arizona. Well if this didnt happen or that didnt happen.... Yeah yeah yeah... when does the bitterness stop and reality sink in?

  4. #64
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No ones crying. Just saying I don't believe in Flacco. Him winning a Super Bowl was a fluke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    My opinions have merit.

    Goodell has been trying to get the Ravens a Super Bowl win since 2010. Especially at the expense of the Steelers.

    He finally got them one.

    You can't follow the league and also claim there is no "hard evidence".

    When the evidence is there for all to see.
    You guys are jokes. The league has ALWAYS favored the Steelers over the Ravens. The fact that you sit there and actually have the audacity to say that is hilarious. For years, EVERY close and critical call went your way, and was usually th difference between you guys and us advancing. We win 4 games, beating Manning and Brady on the road, and the future in Andrew Luck and Kaepernick, and you have the effing nerve to call it a fluke, and/or that the league fixed it?

    This will be music to your ears, but I may have to join another Steelers site to debate this rivalry, because you guys are so delusional and irrational it's like debating with an insane Rainman.

  5. #65
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    Is that what you say every time he goes to Pittsburgh and beats you? Was it Raheem Moore who dropped the ball at new England last year, or returned two kickoffs in that Denver game to even keep the game close? You guys with your excuses.

    Besides the fact, the deal is extremely cap friendly. It's basically a 3 years deal worth 62 million, at which point it will undoubtedly be restructured, as just about every contract is- at which time the cap will probably be significantly higher.

    Do you guys recount the lucky breaks and calls you got on your Superbowl wins also? The calls versus Seattle. The ridiculous fumble return before halftime vs Arizona. Well if this didnt happen or that didnt happen.... Yeah yeah yeah... when does the bitterness stop and reality sink in?
    hes still not the best player to be paid like the best player. Its the nature of the game though, aaron rodgers is up next for an earth shattering deal.

    I dont know why you are attacking me, i loved the calls in the superbowl vs the seahawks...it benefited me greatly. And that ridiculous fumble vs AZ was an interception return by harrison, not a fumble...it was thrown right to him when he broke on boldin.

    Flacco doesnt deserve 120 million, thats insane money for him...but im hardly bitter about it, its 1/4 of the ravens cap lol. I hated seeing ray lewis win one (played such a horrible game but is treated like a hero) than flacco.

    Also, flacco hasnt exactly made a career of beating the steelers, it was monkey he didnt get off his back for a while...especially a roethlisberger led steelers, but the last 2 years the ravens have had the upper hand, but not like its by a long shot. Ben has had some unfortunate health issues in a lot of those games, missing several over the last few years. Sucks, but they got theirs, im kind of over it...at least i didnt have to watch them make it to the superbowl 3 times in the last 7 years

  6. #66
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Why is Ravenous here? Where is his website so when the Ravens are 2-5 next season, I want to be able to go to his house and talk sh!t! Where is Ravenous's home website???
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #67
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,320

    Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Why is Ravenous here? Where is his website so when the Ravens are 2-5 next season, I want to be able to go to his house and talk sh!t! Where is Ravenous's home website???
    You'd be banned instantly on their POS page..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  8. #68
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    493

    Re: Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    Is that what you say every time he goes to Pittsburgh and beats you? Was it Raheem Moore who dropped the ball at new England last year, or returned two kickoffs in that Denver game to even keep the game close? You guys with your excuses.

    Besides the fact, the deal is extremely cap friendly. It's basically a 3 years deal worth 62 million, at which point it will undoubtedly be restructured, as just about every contract is- at which time the cap will probably be significantly higher.

    Do you guys recount the lucky breaks and calls you got on your Superbowl wins also? The calls versus Seattle. The ridiculous fumble return before halftime vs Arizona. Well if this didnt happen or that didnt happen.... Yeah yeah yeah... when does the bitterness stop and reality sink in?
    That was an interception not a fumble and how was it ridiculous when he scored. After an INT u normally run it back to try to score right?

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #69
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    493

    Re: Joe Flacco to be highest paid QB ever!

    And i am not debating calls and no calls thats petty. The point is Flacco overall is not worth that deal but he played his *** off in the playoffs and thats all that matters apparently. BUT at the end of the day if he continues his success in future seasons i guess itll be worth it. But if he turns back into regular season form which was terrible it will be a terrible signing

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #70
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    362
    I think this article will help clarify what most people think, not just Steelers fans. Keep in mind, that it is just one persons written opinion, but the message is abundant to lots of others with football knowledge. Read below...

    http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/03/...content_stream

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers have 3 of the top 100 highest paid athletes
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
  2. Ben R Highest Paid Player in NFL
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •