Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RB is our biggest need (opinion)

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Laurence Maroney or Santonio Holmes, Jonathan Joseph, Nick Mangold
    Joseph Addai or Greg Jennings, Ryan Cook, Andrew Whitworth
    Jon Stewart or Joe Flacco, Branden Albert, Duane Brown, Rodgers-Cromartie
    Felix Jones or well, anyone
    Rashard Mendenhall or Duane Brown, Antoine Cason, Jordy Nelson
    Knowshon Moreno or Brian Orakpo, Percy Harvin, Michael Oher, Clay Matthews, Hakeem Nicks
    Donald Brown or Hakeem Nicks, Eric Wood, Kenny Britt
    Beanie Wells or Jairus Byrd, Connor Barwin, Andy Levitre, Max Unger

Drafting a RB in the first round will almost always fail the BPA test in hindsight

I don't think the guys you listed were first round worthy just because they were drafted in the 1st.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach
    I'd like to draft a RB this year in the 3rd-4th, and I'd like to see multiple UDFA brought in to camp, AND I'd like to pursue some cost effective options in free agency. I believe in having a stable of capable backs, and as our young line gels, I'd be looking to see which one steps up.

I would be furious if we wasted a 1st on a RB this year

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Laurence Maroney or Santonio Holmes, Jonathan Joseph, Nick Mangold
    Joseph Addai or Greg Jennings, Ryan Cook, Andrew Whitworth
    Jon Stewart or Joe Flacco, Branden Albert, Duane Brown, Rodgers-Cromartie
    Felix Jones or well, anyone
    Rashard Mendenhall or Duane Brown, Antoine Cason, Jordy Nelson
    Knowshon Moreno or Brian Orakpo, Percy Harvin, Michael Oher, Clay Matthews, Hakeem Nicks
    Donald Brown or Hakeem Nicks, Eric Wood, Kenny Britt
    Beanie Wells or Jairus Byrd, Connor Barwin, Andy Levitre, Max Unger

Drafting a RB in the first round will almost always fail the BPA test in hindsight

I don't think the guys you listed were first round worthy just because they were drafted in the 1st.
    yeah in hindsight obviously....they all had first round grades, idc how low you value the position (except donald brown, that was a weird pick). Jonathan Stewart was the closest thing ive seen to ladanian tomlinson since LT came out, he didnt reach that level but the dude had it all coming out of school. You are talking about the current pro career of guys like duane brown who were not only horrible reaches but was only a PT player for years because he was so terrible.

Theres a **** load of worse players that could have been drafted too, its easy to name the good ones that werent drafted high.

I do not want a RB in the first this year, because lattimore is the only one that has first round talent (and would warrant an elite grade if healthy) but lacy is a fringe first guy id say better than ingram or wells who i think were fringe first round guys as well. But if bernard is there in 2, i think they should take him because he is the best back in the draft, even if hes not getting the hype lacy is getting

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    He was one of my favorite players. He was a bit of a f*ck but I loved me some Santonio Holmes (no homo)... I miss that pothead.
    I miss him too. I wish the Jets would cut him and we'd bring him back. I think he'd have an appreciation now for our organization that he didn't have when he was traded away.

I just don't see the value in Patterson or Allen and I'd be upset at taking one of them in the first round.

We will not be able to get Lacy if we pass on him at # 17, the Falcons and Bengals have Lacy DEAD IN THEIR SIGHTS WITH THEIR FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine if Lacy was on the Bengals???? That would make Dalton a better QB and Green would see more one on one coverage!!!

And all of you can see the value in adding Lacy to that Falcons team! That would restore balance to that offense in a big way.

If we want Lacy, we'd better take him with # 17...that's all I'm saying.

***I'm not sure that RB is our biggest need. Better look at that LB position if you want to see a position in red alert status. If we could trade down to # 20, pick up an additional second round pick, then I'd be fine with taking Lacy and then using both our 2nd round picks on the WR and LB's areas.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Patterson, Allen, and Hunter all have first round value.

As infatuated as i am with patterson, i wouldnt be surprised even a little if justin hunter was the better pro

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yeah in hindsight obviously....they all had first round grades, idc how low you value the position (except donald brown, that was a weird pick). Jonathan Stewart was the closest thing ive seen to ladanian tomlinson since LT came out, he didnt reach that level but the dude had it all coming out of school. You are talking about the current pro career of guys like duane brown who were not only horrible reaches but was only a PT player for years because he was so terrible.

Theres a **** load of worse players that could have been drafted too, its easy to name the good ones that werent drafted high.

I do not want a RB in the first this year, because lattimore is the only one that has first round talent (and would warrant an elite grade if healthy) but lacy is a fringe first guy id say better than ingram or wells who i think were fringe first round guys as well. But if bernard is there in 2, i think they should take him because he is the best back in the draft, even if hes not getting the hype lacy is getting
    right, i think we are saying the same thing in different ways. we just disagree on what "first round talent" is

Assistant Coach
    The Falcons are not going to draft Lacy... they aren't that daft.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I miss him too. I wish the Jets would cut him and we'd bring him back. I think he'd have an appreciation now for our organization that he didn't have when he was traded away.

I just don't see the value in Patterson or Allen and I'd be upset at taking one of them in the first round.

We will not be able to get Lacy if we pass on him at # 17, the Falcons and Bengals have Lacy DEAD IN THEIR SIGHTS WITH THEIR FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine if Lacy was on the Bengals???? That would make Dalton a better QB and Green would see more one on one coverage!!!

And all of you can see the value in adding Lacy to that Falcons team! That would restore balance to that offense in a big way.

If we want Lacy, we'd better take him with # 17...that's all I'm saying.

***I'm not sure that RB is our biggest need. Better look at that LB position if you want to see a position in red alert status. If we could trade down to # 20, pick up an additional second round pick, then I'd be fine with taking Lacy and then using both our 2nd round picks on the WR and LB's areas.
    regarding patterson/allen... what are you basing your opinion on? Doesn't seem to be much.

My Mood
    Manic
    an edge rusher is top priority

Draft Pick
    [QUOTE=Flame;539202]OL, don't need it, if they remain healthy, they are a pretty good group of guys on paper *cough* where is the fag conditioning coach that never conditions them properly?

Hey, this triggered a thought: What do we know about Garrett Giemont anyway? He's our conditioning coordinator since 2007. Is he permitted to plan off-season workouts? Is it rational to think that he might have an idea about how we might reduce those damn, debilitating leg injuries? I'm dying to hear more about the off-season fitness plan. Is there any structure to it or do the athletes just go off and do their own thing? It's time we put the spotlight on this conditioning coordinator.

Thread Information