Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RB is our biggest need (opinion)

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    WR is a bigger need than RB
    Pass Rusher is a bigger need than RB
    Cover Corner is a bigger need than RB (Assuming Lewis is not signed)

drafting RB with the #17 overall pick would be incredibly foolish. RB is the easiest position to fill late in the draft and inexpensively in free agency.

There are no elite RBs in this draft (lattimore was the only thing close). Lacy is massively overrated around here (suggesting using the #17 pick on him is crazy.

There will be good RB prospects we can look at in the 3rd/4th/5th round range.
    I'll take Jonathan Franklin, perfect fit in the zone scheme we are moving to.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

they dont have to be elite to be worth a first round pick, and i do like lacy....but hes hardly worth 17. People want him to be lattimore but he really isnt, he might be the biggest benficiary of lattimore going down.

i like bernard and taylor as 2nd round picks way more than lacy as a #1

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they dont have to be elite to be worth a first round pick, and i do like lacy....but hes hardly worth 17. People want him to be lattimore but he really isnt, he might be the biggest benficiary of lattimore going down.

I like Lacy but I agree with you and I wouldn't want the Steelers to take him at 17 or even in the first round.....Lacy in the 2nd would be great......I really like Bernard and Taylor was productive at Stanford........

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    WR is a bigger need than RB
    Pass Rusher is a bigger need than RB
    Cover Corner is a bigger need than RB (Assuming Lewis is not signed)

drafting RB with the #17 overall pick would be incredibly foolish. RB is the easiest position to fill late in the draft and inexpensively in free agency.

There are no elite RBs in this draft (lattimore was the only thing close). Lacy is massively overrated around here (suggesting using the #17 pick on him is crazy.

There will be good RB prospects we can look at in the 3rd/4th/5th round range.
    I'll take Jonathan Franklin, perfect fit in the zone scheme we are moving to.
    Who is the TE if Miller is out a while?
    Who is the ILB if Timmons gets hurt?

These would seem most pressing i think...

I do think that Paulsen has some promising skills, he was a rookie last year and he didnt really impress but he has the skills to be a productive option. I do hope if they dont draft a TE (Eifert in 1 or Jordan reed in 3 are my guys) that they would bring back Saunders who i think is an awesome player and would really bring a lot to the table in a ZBS as he blocks his *** off on every play

I do think that Paulsen has some promising skills, he was a rookie last year and he didnt really impress but he has the skills to be a productive option. I do hope if they dont draft a TE (Eifert in 1 or Jordan reed in 3 are my guys) that they would bring back Saunders who i think is an awesome player and would really bring a lot to the table in a ZBS as he blocks his *** off on every play

CBS had this on Eifert... COMPARES TO: Heath Miller, TE, Steelers - While more athletic than Miller, Eifert has a similar skill-set with his ability to make tough catches in tight spaces, winning one-on-one situations. Also has the speed to be a threat vertically or down the seam.

My Mood
    Fine
    I like Paulsen, Isn't Sanders signed in Indy? If not he'd go to Cardinals to be with Arians.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-02-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Assistant Coach

they do need to be elite... otherwise using a 1st on a RB is foolish. Most RBs are the product of the line in front of them. Lacy is a perfect example

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Who is the TE if Miller is out a while?
    Who is the ILB if Timmons gets hurt?

These would seem most pressing i think...
    I think there are plenty of affordable options in free agency, as well as a deep TE class that doesn't require the investment of a 1st round pick in the positions

As far as your Timmons question... I don't really think they hypothetical justifies a first round pick. Should we draft Matt Barkley in the 1st? What happens if Roethlisberger gets injured?

If we don't draft a pass rusher, a pass defender (DB), or a playmaking pass catcher, I'll be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    they do need to be elite... otherwise using a 1st on a RB is foolish. Most RBs are the product of the line in front of them. Lacy is a perfect example
    so you think chris johnson, jon stewart, felix jones, mendenhall, beanie wells, deangelo williams, laurence maroney, slowshon moreno were elite prospects? They were definitely first round worthy without being elite, the term elite is going to mean nothing soon since its thrown around like nothing. Elite means best of like the last 5 years or something along those lines. Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Darren Mcfadden, and trent richardson were the elite guys.

RB isnt quite as easy to fill as you make it seem...while i would tend to agree that the second round seems to be the money round as far as talent/value ratio goes...charles, forte, mccoy, rice, ect....its not like every UDFA is just a plug and play guy like people make it seem, the position hasnt become THAT undervalued

Thread Information