Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wallace Better Than Jennings

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

Wallace Better Than Jennings

Uh, no. The guy cherry picks pictures from a few plays to "prove" that Wallace is better. Using his "method", I could "prove" that Jerricho Cotchery is better than Jerry Rice.

Sometimes I wonder why I read cbs sports...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...-than-jennings
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Wallace is better than jennings, jennings is a good player but its aaron rodgers and mccarthys timing based offense....as you can see Nelson, Cobb, and Jones all stepped right in and didnt miss a beat when jennings didnt play. Hes looking for something like 12 million a year, insane investment for someone

Banned
    Yeah but quite a few have been saying that Jennings doesn't look as explosive off the ball as he used to.

Banned
    Jennings is a better WR
    Wallace is a better long term investment

Mike Wallace, Rashard Mendenhall lead list of riskiest free agents

By Adam Schein

Published: March 07, 2013 at 5:46 AM PST

Modified: March 07, 2013 at 5:46 AM PST

At this time next week, there will be a lot of stupid money being thrown around the NFL with free agency well underway. And you just know some teams are going to make mistakes. Let's get a head start and lay out the nine riskiest free agents about to hit the open market:

1. Mike Wallace My man Gregg Rosenthal has him ranked as the No. 1 player in free agency . My guy Jeff Darlington reports the Miami Dolphins covet Wallace and could be in a potential bidding war with the Minnesota Vikings for the speedster's services. And both teams certainly are in desperate need of a No. 1 wide receiver.

But I don't think Wallace is the guy and worthy of the mega bucks he will receive. He's too inconsistent and not reliable.

Think about it. The Pittsburgh Steelers , one of the smartest and classiest organizations in sports, are about to let Wallace walk away. They've had enough. That should be a major red flag.

Wallace is all about the money. I don't think he prioritizes winning. He selfishly held out last year, didn't make an extra penny and helped derail the Steelers ' season. Wallace wasn't part of the off-season programs and didn't learn new offensive coordinator Todd Haley 's playbook. He then had an underachieving season filled with a case of the yips.

The San Francisco 49ers needed a receiver last year. They passed on Wallace, then a restricted free agent, and instead used their first-round pick (what would've been the compensation) on a project receiver who never played. The New England Patriots also needed a wideout. They wouldn't do it.

At times, Wallace can be flat out majestic, with a knack for taking a short pass to the house or streaking down the sideline for a score. But he wants top dollar, and I wonder aloud if he will take the money and just be too satisfied with his paycheck.

2. Cliff Avril I think he's a good player. But is he simply a product of a talented Detroit Lions defensive line? While he will be better than Charles Johnson and Ray Edwards, paying top dollar to the "other" defensive lineman always scares me. And it would scare me that Detroit, which has had a lot invested in Avril and franchised him last season, would let him walk.

3. Paul Kruger I like Kruger a lot -- at the right price. He had a dominant postseason with a knack for getting to the quarterback. He's a great teammate with an energizer bunny playing style. And you can certainly argue that he hasn't reached his potential yet. But here's the rub: I don't think he is a three-down player. I think he will get more money than he deserves from a team with cap room (think the Cleveland Browns ). I root for Kruger. He's a good player. But if your team signs him, don't expect him to be someone he isn't.

4. Jake Long Bill Parcells made the offensive tackle the face of the Dolphins in 2008, passing on Matt Ryan . Oops. Jake Long is a good player and legit leader. But injuries are a major concern. He missed the final quarter of last season with a ruptured left triceps. Long has also had shoulder and knee surgery, plus he had a biceps injury in 2011.

Dr. James Andrews just gave Long a clean bill of health. Timing is obviously superb. But you can still color me concerned.

I'm a huge fan of Long. I hope he goes back to Miami to finish the job. But I think another team will outbid the Dolphins . And that's risky.

5. Danny Amendola He's a good player in the slot. But availability is a huge issue, as he cannot stay healthy. He should sign a one-year deal with the Rams .

6. Aqib Talib For the record, I think he will re-up with New England. And he should. Talib is supremely talented but troubled. But Bill Belichick can handle him and coach him up. Tom Brady and the locker room can police him. And he fits an area of need at cornerback.

However, if for some reason he leaves New England, buyers beware. There's a reason why the cornerback-needy Tampa Bay Buccaneers had to ship him out of town.

7. Rashard Mendenhall I'd rather play with 10 men on offense than put Mendenhall at running back. He's been a bust as a player. He was suspended in 2012 for being a bad teammate. Mendenhall can't hold onto the football and can't stay healthy. Otherwise it has all worked out.

The Steelers will let him go. Another team shouldn't get duped by where he was drafted. You can't bank on this cat.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    7. Rashard Mendenhall I'd rather play with 10 men on offense than put Mendenhall at running back. He's been a bust as a player. He was suspended in 2012 for being a bad teammate. Mendenhall can't hold onto the football and can't stay healthy. Otherwise it has all worked out.

The Steelers will let him go. Another team shouldn't get duped by where he was drafted. You can't bank on this cat.
    This dude is retarded. Averaging over 1100 yards and 10 TDs on 4.2 yards a carry over his 3 years as a starter (not evening starting until week 4 of 09) is considered a bust? That's bullshit. Can't stay healthy? The dude had one injury riddled season after he blew out his knee this past year. Sure Ray Lewis broke his f*ckin shoulder his rookie year but since then was healthy. Can't hold onto the ball? The man had 6 career fumbles in the 3 years he started. 6... I don't know about anyone else but I'll take a running back that averages 2 fumbles a year in a heartbeat. People let one SB fumble in which you can blame the line for and an injury riddled year in which he was in the dog house, completely erase everything else he did/was as a starter from 09-12. Whoever signs him (most likely Arizona) will be getting a steal since he won't be commanding a bunch if money after this year. He was a top 7 back when healthy.
    Last edited by Big T; 03-07-2013 at 12:55 PM.

I'd still rather have Mendy over any RB we have on the roster now! I think it's a big mistake letting him walk!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I agree with NPB. I think Jennings is the better receiver but would admit that Wallace has the better potential upside. If he gets his head straight, he could be great.

As far as Mendy, the heat he takes is far more than he deserves. It seems like people are overly critical because he is not an elite (AP, CJ2K) back. He is above average, which should be good enough.

PS, Steelers free agency preview here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...burgh-steelers
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 03-07-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    This dude is retarded. Averaging over 1100 yards and 10 TDs on 4.2 yards a carry over his 3 years as a starter (not evening starting until week 4 of 09) is considered a bust? That's bullshit. Can't stay healthy? The dude had one injury riddled season after he blew out his knee this past year. Sure Ray Lewis broke his f*ckin shoulder his rookie year but since then was healthy. Can't hold onto the ball? The man had 6 career fumbles in the 3 years he started. 6... I don't know about anyone else but I'll take a running back that averages 2 fumbles a year in a heartbeat. People let one SB fumble in which you can blame the line for and an injury riddled year in which he was in the dog house, completely erase everything else he did/was as a starter from 09-12. Whoever signs him (most likely Arizona) will be getting a steal since he won't be commanding a bunch if money after this year. He was a top 7 back when healthy.
    Mendenhall isn't a bust but he hasn't become the player I thought he was going to be.....Running behind some crappy OLs didn't help him either but in my opinion its best that Mendenhall and the Steelers part ways......I think he needs a fresh start at this point in his career......I won't be shocked if he becomes one of the best RB's in the NFL since he does have the talent.....

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    If u think wallace is better than jennings... Come talk to me i got some land to sell you!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information