Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o 2nd round

Bookmark and Share
    hes a great LBer.....people get so wrapped up in the combine. Hed be an absolute stud in our defense

Draft Pick
    He may not be able to handle the blocking schemes he's gonna face in the NFL. He was over-powered in the Alabama game, and I think he had trouble against UPitt too. It's hard not to like Manti the person, but the attention he gets has a lot to do with the program from which he springs. I don't think he's a strong 2nd pick.

If we get that edge rusher in round one, we might want to be looking at Safety in round two. In the wake of the combine, I wouldn't be surprised if we go O-line in the first round.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes a great LBer.....people get so wrapped up in the combine. Hed be an absolute stud in our defense
    We would have to worry too much about keeping the pressure off him. I simply don't see what you see. My impressions were impacted more from the Pitt & Alabama games than the combine stuff.

Rookie Free Agent

Teo in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by VTSteelerfan View Post
    I know he sucked at the combine but do we take a chance if he is on the board with our second pick?
    Why not? Kolbert's history of 2nd round choices is a bust, so it doesn't make a difference who is taken.

We need to stop richardson and rice and maybe lacy if cinci gets him in the draft.. we need fast, strong, hard tackling players...

who fits that mold? Elam, Minter, Ogletree, C.Washington, .J. Swearinger, Mathieu(shorty), Brandon McGee, Ansah? etc..
    Last edited by coldrolled; 03-01-2013 at 09:10 AM.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Te'o is the next tim tebow as far as media attention goes. there will be a Te'o story everyday about him for the next 2+ years.

i think the bears will draft him as an eventual replacement for urlacher...just a hunch
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    No, he has been exposed first by Alabama and now the combine.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Sorry K, but I have to strongly disagree. Up against equal talent against Alabama and USC, he showed that he is nothing special. He can't disengage when the O-linemen reach him at the second level. Going back and looking at him in those games, that is a constant theme with him. He's made his reputation on playing sub standard teams with sub standard talent.

He's really a 3rd rounder at best. The Notre Dame hype helped him greatly.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We need to stop richardson and rice and maybe lacy if cinci gets him in the draft.. we need fast, strong, hard tackling players...

who fits that mold? Elam, Minter, Ogletree, C.Washington, .J. Swearinger, Mathieu(shorty), Brandon McGee, Ansah? etc..
    If the Bengals wind up with Lacy, the tightness in this division will be incredible. But you've got to assume that the Bengals are going to take him or another RB in this draft.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    If the Bengals wind up with Lacy, the tightness in this division will be incredible. But you've got to assume that the Bengals are going to take him or another RB in this draft.
    Right the Bengals have 2 #2's

So who do you take in the 2nd, if you get Eifert in the 1st..

Thread Information