Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Ben, Brown and Timmons restructure

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient

    Ben, Brown and Timmons restructure

    It looks like we are going to get under the cap enough to make a run at Breaston and Lewis, if we want too. Which I think is good news, but with all these restructures I think next year, and maybe this year, we will see some big changes on defense. I think this will be the last year for, if they make it through this year, Ike, Clark, Troy, Harrison, Keisel and on offense I think Colon will be done. Thats a pretty significant change for the defense, but it will certainly help our cap woes from the last few years.

  2. #2
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    643
    All the panic from some here and look how quick we are now under the cap. As for the point of your post some may need to go anyhow after another year because of age. I still say Troy stays a Steeler the rest of his career.keeping Lewis is a must and going after Breaston is a smart move.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    All the panic from some here and look how quick we are now under the cap. As for the point of your post some may need to go anyhow after another year because of age. I still say Troy stays a Steeler the rest of his career.keeping Lewis is a must and going after Breaston is a smart move.
    And get Taiwan Jones from the Raiders, and use him in a spread offense. Grab Okafor and break him in to replace Harrison.

    I'd play a spread with 2 TE"s in the slots, instead of WR's. That way you got 2 TE's on hot routes, and 2 WR's on deeper routes, with a scatback that can line up anywhere and get the ball in space.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236
    You can't blitz that! Suckazzzzzz.

  5. #5
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    And get Taiwan Jones from the Raiders, and use him in a spread offense. Grab Okafor and break him in to replace Harrison.

    I'd play a spread with 2 TE"s in the slots, instead of WR's. That way you got 2 TE's on hot routes, and 2 WR's on deeper routes, with a scatback that can line up anywhere and get the ball in space.
    Heck if we get Taiwan we can let Lewis walk and save some money there and also don't have to worry about drafting a rb. He can play both positions and we kill two birds with one stone.

  6. #6
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    SO by the numbers, they saved 14.85 million which puts them under the cap. Now all they need to do is restructure Woodley, Harrison, and Troy, waive some dead weight, and they shouldbe in good shape to retain Lewis and make some tenders to their RFA's (Sanders, McClendon, Dwyer).

    Regardless of how much they might get under the number, I have completely written off Wallace as someone the Steelers want to bring back.

  7. #7
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    SO by the numbers, they saved 14.85 million which puts them under the cap. Now all they need to do is restructure Woodley, Harrison, and Troy, waive some dead weight, and they shouldbe in good shape to retain Lewis and make some tenders to their RFA's (Sanders, McClendon, Dwyer).

    Regardless of how much they might get under the number, I have completely written off Wallace as someone the Steelers want to bring back.
    Yep Wallace is gone no matter what and not worth keeping at the price it would take. I hope they realize they need Harrison for at least this coming year.

  8. #8
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Harrison is 35 and looked 35 last year. I'm not high on him coming back.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #9
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Harrison is 35 and looked 35 last year. I'm not high on him coming back.
    He started to really look good the last couple games of the season. I think last year issue was more of him healing from the injury and not so much his age.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236
    I wouldn't hesitate to use a 4-3 this year. Hood, McClendon, Ta'Amu, Heyward up front, with any 3 LB's behind them.
    Timmons,Woodley, Carter, Worilds, Harrison, would be good enuf. And we'll have a great shot at Okafor.He is a good edge rusher and run stopper. Covers too.

    Oh, and I'm sure Taiwan wouldn't mind playing some DB. As a scatback, he wouldn't take much of a pounding. Maybe 15 touches a game. Taiwan isn't a conventional RB, he is shifty shaky speed.
    He is awesome in space with the ball.
    Last edited by weakdraft; 02-28-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers restructure Casey Hampton's contract
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 12:39 PM
  2. Steelers restructure Colon's contract now too
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 06:20 PM
  3. Steelers restructure Ike Taylors contract.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 06:56 PM
  4. Timmons agrees to restructure contract
    By Reg3835 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 03:45 PM
  5. *** Latest in Steelers Ownership Restructure **
    By Koopa in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •