Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NPB Post Combine Big Board (100)

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Fisher, to me, is a more polished Nate Solder. He is still "high" out of his stance, and I think strong, bull rushers will give him serious problems at the next level (see Washington completely owning the **** of him at the senior bowl)

Lane, is definitely less refined in his technique... but he's strong at the point of attack, and his athleticism/recovery is elite. He has the rare combination to be able to anchor against strength and shadow speed. When he refines his technique, his punch is going to be a devastating tool to go along with his elite agility/speed/athleticism.

This board needs more K Train's
    i thought about nate solder, but solder was really unique...they only prospect he really compared to physically was bruce campbell and despite solder being so raw, he wasnt even in the same universe of rawness as campbell

you love washington lol, hes really not a good player...i cant use him getting the better of fisher as a jumping off point as the senior bowl isnt really a great tool for measuring the players we know about as it is about hearing about complete unknowns for the first time....i dont think washington is a good enough player to get the better of most NFL tackles, and im confident in fishers ability to handle that kind of a player...a few plays in alabama isnt a great measuring point for fisher (the known player) as it is for washington (the unknown player)

i did see what you are talking about though, he took his lunch money...i just take it with a grain of salt. Im going to watch more of Lane now and see if i know what the hell im talking about from what i have seen (which is quite a bit, but theres more out there), but im asking you honestly how do you think he stacks up against Trent Williams? Trent was a 4.8 guy and a great athlete, but imo a little soft. Id like to hear your breakdown of how they compare being the most recent former sooners

Assistant Coach
    Trent was a much more polished zone run blocker coming out. He was a natural fit for Shanahan. Trent had the feet to move down the line, and the raw strength to be a premier zone blocker. But what he displayed in natural footwork laterally down the line, was also his biggest weakness in pass protection. He still hasn't developed the pass protection skill you'd expect from a top 10 OT.

Lane, is almost the opposite... Lane is a better pass protector today, than Trent was coming out. Lane shadows as good as anyone, and his hand technique combines with his athleticism/footwork/agility to form the basis for a flawless pass protector. But he's not the polished run blocker that Trent was coming out, but the good news is that he doesn't display flaws, only a still developing skill set.

I think Lane is a much better OT prospect, in comparison to Trent when he came out.
    Bottom line, Lane is faster and stronger... a better pass protector... and more scheme versatile. He has to add some bullk, but he has the frame for it.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach
    im comfortable with Cornelius Washington as a super sleeper.

he was literally unblockable at senior bowl... i think he drew 3 holding calls in total

If I had to recall 5 specific plays from the Senior Bowl
    1. Washington dominating Fischer, Pugh, and Wagner... sack, fumble, 3 holding calls... and a 1 man collapsing machine on nearly every snap
    2. Lane Johnson owning Hunt
    3. Schwenke leading the way for TD run
    4. Franklin showing patience and cut back TD run
    5. Ziggy being everywhere

i actually really hate the senior bowl for some reason

one major snub from this list is Corey Lemonier.

Cornelius Washington at 49 and Corey Lemonier left off is a travesty. Auburn wasnt a good team and i think thats hurt him a lot when it come to SEC front 7 guys but a 4.6 flat and a 1.67 split.

6-3 255 and the man has a wicked first step. Initially i thought he reminded me too much of Bruce Davis for my liking but hes a much more refined player. Id say hes a better prospect than Worilds was by a lot (dont mind my pure hatred for worilds)

Assistant Coach
    Updated

Thread Information