Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you pound your fists for in the war room?

Bookmark and Share

Who would you pound your fists for in the war room?

Who is the guy that you just would make your voice heard in the war room? We've gotten a couple of my guys over the last few years, not just in the first round but later on as they slide. Guys like Thad Gibson and Dan Sepulveda were my dudes that year, neither were glorious players but had potential off the charts. Guys int he first round i clamored for were Pouncey and Roethlisberger. Mike Adams was another guy last year.

This year its Marcus Lattimore. I dont care if he cant play this year, in fact id prefer him not playing....next year you enter the season with a new first round pick and one that youve had on the shelf returning to his beastly self.

Its like any investment, you gotta play it smart to get your return....and that return doesnt have to be immediate. The dude is an amazing talent.

Also, jarvis jones too :-)

apparently im a sucker for medical issues this year

Few other names if they start to slide:

Jordan Reed
    Ryan Swope
    Brandon Jenkins

Banned
    You lost cedibility when you said you clamored for Pouncey. Talk about over-rated, sheesh.

Jarvis Jones looks like a very real talent as far as I can see. But, this year I'd pound the table for Mathieu.
    The only guys who impressed me at the bines were Wheaton and Austin. I liked Okafor's potential because he looks like he is deft at using his hands to keep his vision and shed blocks. These guys that take their eyes off the ball and get their helmet in a tackles chest are pathetic. 250 lb. LB's who think they can bull rush a 300 lb. Ollie only make themselves tired and frustrated.

Pouncey is a top 5 center and is unreal at the second level. Hes probably a better guard, but center is harder to play so thats not surprising

and even if he is a little overrated by some, which he is...lost credibility? **** you, he was a badass prospect and the steelers had justin hartwig who still leads the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 5 years and he hasnt played in 2

it depends if it has to be realistic! Jarvis Jones would be a dream come true, but even though there are questions swirling around him (both in terms of work ethic and health), I see him going in the top 10. Truthfully, I'll be happy with either Mingo, Jordan and Jones, though the two latter ones are much better fit for our system imo.

Matt Elam was one of my early second round guys who I really wanted them to pick, but I am one of those who got scared a little by his measurements. He'll have a hard time covering guys like A.J Green and the like (most have, I know).

I guy a like a lot is Armonty Bryant. Small school project who made some stupid mistakes, but the guy can get in the backfield and wreck havok.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    You lost cedibility when you said you clamored for Pouncey. Talk about over-rated, sheesh.

Jarvis Jones looks like a very real talent as far as I can see. But, this year I'd pound the table for Mathieu.
    The only guys who impressed me at the bines were Wheaton and Austin. I liked Okafor's potential because he looks like he is deft at using his hands to keep his vision and shed blocks. These guys that take their eyes off the ball and get their helmet in a tackles chest are pathetic. 250 lb. LB's who think they can bull rush a 300 lb. Ollie only make themselves tired and frustrated.
    With the garbage you post on this site you have the nerve to say somebody like Ktrain has lost credibility........

Assistant Coach
    there are too many to go over in terms of 1st-2nd round guys... but I'll pound my fists for these "non typical" guys

Cornelius Washington 2nd-3rd
    Brian Schwenke 3rd-4th
    Jamar Taylor 3rd-4th
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Loving Schwenke the more i watch

Id prefer Margus Hunt ove Washington if im taking a dazzling athlete and trying to turn him into a football player

Waterboy
    I agree with u on Hunt. I like Jones,Warford,Patton,Swearinger,Ellington as first five

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Loving Schwenke the more i watch

Id prefer Margus Hunt ove Washington if im taking a dazzling athlete and trying to turn him into a football player
    moving Pouncey to guard, with Schwenke at center... drool for zone schemes

and to me, the value is so much better than using a first on Warmack... I think Schwenke has all pro center potential, and Maurkice would be even better at guard.... getting that at the cost of a 3rd is much better than using another 1st on Wwarmack.

Schwenke is Nick Mangold lite
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lost credibility? **** you, he was a badass prospect and the steelers had justin hartwig who still leads the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 5 years and he hasnt played in 2
    LOL!

Everyone knows who I'm clamouring for, it's about time Mendenhall ****ed off and crawled back to Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Thread Information