Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I found an interesting prospect today in Indy.

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    but taking a few years and investing a few picks quick is how you build one for the next decade. Like ive said multiple times, the best olinemen are usually high picks, and the best olines usually have a few of them on their lines.

Adams, Warmack, Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert would put Smith(2nd), Faneca(1st), Hartings(1st), Simmons(1st), Starks(3rd) to absolute shame. It would rival Roaf/Shields/Waters
    overrating potential, underrating reality...

I hope that line becomes dominant too... but right now, there is one proven above the line starter in that group.

Just because they were drafted as dominant prospects... doesn't mean they ARE dominant NFL Linemen

Or to summarize my point very simply... Kendall Simmons (1st)
    Return of the Banana

simmons was a beast before he got diabetes lol

Well maybe overrating potential, even though i think it would be a world crushing line....the actual reality is guys like mahan, hartwig, stapleton, essex, legursky, hills, stephenson, j.scott, c.scott, urbik, and shipley have been an absolute detriment to the team and set them back so many years on the oline that its refreshing to see them taking action on it early in the draft

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    simmons was a beast before he got diabetes lol

Well maybe overrating potential, even though i think it would be a world crushing line....the actual reality is guys like mahan, hartwig, stapleton, essex, legursky, hills, stephenson, j.scott, c.scott, urbik, and shipley have been an absolute detriment to the team and set them back so many years on the oline that its refreshing to see them taking action on it early in the draft
    completely agree. potential through the roof... and too much time was spent NOT addressing the line before these past few years...
    PS Kraig Urbik is a borderline pro bowl caliber guard now... just sayin
    Return of the Banana

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    completely agree. potential through the roof... and too much time was spent NOT addressing the line before these past few years...
    PS Kraig Urbik is a borderline pro bowl caliber guard now... just sayin
    hes not though, he is completely overshadowed by levitre and woods who ARE both pro bowl caliber players.

I think he has improved though, i hated the pick at the time because it was a reach but even though i thought he played pretty terrible, the gave worse players a longer look at making the roster. I read a few times that urbik was probably better than foster, just lacked the confidence.

Dont mistake urbik for this great player, the other two on that interior line are absolute beasts. They get it done as a unit though

Assistant Coach

I found an interesting prospect today in Indy.

Clearly your hatred of the pick at the time clouds your opinion today.

Urbik is Wood/Levitre's equal
    Return of the Banana

not clouded, i said hes improved greatly from that abortion of a performance he showed with the steelers, watch him play, Hes so heavy footed and slow. Levitre is a top 5-6 guard, no way hes his equal

Assistant Coach

I found an interesting prospect today in Indy.

Trying to find the highlight of spiller taking a screen pass for a long td vs the Browns... Urbik destroys Jackson and Ward on that play

Levitre is a dominant interior guard, but Urbik is the guy who gets to 2nd level and spring those monster gains in buffalo

Side note : my first post on this board was about wanting Cordy Glenn in last years draft... Love that buffalo line!
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 02-26-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Return of the Banana

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Trying to fund the highlight of soiled taking a screen pass for a long td vs the Browns... Urbik destroys Jackson and Ward on that play

Levitre is a dominant interior guard, but Urbik is the guy who gets to 2nd level and spring those monster gains in buffalo

Side note : my first post on this board was about wanting Cordy Glenn in last years draft... Love that buffalo line!
    I was a huge fan of cordy glenn. He can be a pro bowler at 4 positions. Love that he can play LT, i never really doubted that but hed be the kind of guard to make DTs fake injuries

Thread Information